Sample Tasting Video [A Preview Page]
Seven wines are tasted by the class in each of the 12 Tasting Videos. The price range is from $9 a bottle up to $50, with most being $35 or under. (Two wines in the Bordeaux class cost around $80-100.) However, it is not necessary for the student to buy and taste every wine. They might choose four of the seven, for example, to taste. Or they might choose not to taste at all, especially as they watch a tasting video for the first time, but simply watch the students and instructor describe and discuss each wine.
Listed here are the wines tasted during the Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio tasting video.
1. Cavit Pinot Grigio 2009. Italy-delle Venezie IGT. [Retail price $9]
2. Folonari Pinot Grigio 2009. Italy – Veneto. [Retail price $9]
3. Hugel Pinot Gris 2006. France-Alsace. [Retail price $15]
4. Lucien Albrecht Pinot Gris Reserve “Romanus” 2009. France-Alsace [Retail price $17]
5. WillaKenzie Estate Pinot Gris 2009. US-Oregon-Willamette Valley. [Retail price $20]
6. Villa Maria Private Bin Pinot Gris 2009. New Zealand-Gisborne, Marlborough, Hawkes Bay. [Retail price $15]
7. Innocent Bystander Pinot Gris 2009. Australia-Yarra Valley. [Retail price $14]
It is not necessary to buy and taste all the listed wines. You can get the idea following along with the class if you taste three or four. If you can’t find a specific label or are not sure what to substitute, ask your friendly local wine shop for suggestions for comparable wines.