Strategic Plan Progress Report October 2016
- Doctor of Pharmacy program now fully accredited by ACPE.
- School of Pharmacy now School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- iPCI and MI3 Alerts now part of Lewis Center for Healthcare Innovation and Technology.
- Third floor of Pharmacy and Health Sciences building now open (supported by $2.8 million grant from State of New Jersey).
- Doctor of Pharmacy program admitted fifth consecutive class of 85+ students. Also, 101 students in Pharmacy are enrolled in a dual degree program.
- MHS program admitted 23 new students this fall. Total of 64 students now enrolled in the program.
- School of Nursing admitted second BSN class at Florham Campus (nursing students now studying in the Pharmacy and Health Sciences building at Florham).
- First cohort of MSN students at the Florham Campus expected to begin in January 2017.
- Preparation to launch the Doctor of Physical Therapy now underway (State approval granted).
International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- ACPHA accreditation site visit planned for October 2016.
- Enrollment in the MS in HMS at the Vancouver Campus has grown to approximately 50 students. New director appointed in July.
- North Arms acquired at Wroxton (renovation planning underway). Launch of MS in HMS planned for Fall 2017 (search for director underway).
- Discussions with a major global hospitality corporation to build a hotel and new facilities for the hospitality school at the Metropolitan Campus are nearing completion. Agreement reached on co-branding and naming of school. Finalizing details concerning a corporate gift of $5 million.
Silberman College of Business
- MS in Digital Marketing to launch in January 2017 (first online graduate program in Silberman).
- Additional online graduate programs under consideration (in taxation and wealth management).
- Utilizing new Bloomberg finance labs to facilitate outreach to high school business faculty and students (aiming to differentiate the FDU UG business curriculum).
- Continuing outreach to corporate sector through PDP and other initiatives.
School of Public and Global Affairs
- Gift of $2.5 million recently secured from FDU alumnus Jim Orefice to support student scholarships and distinguished visiting faculty appointments.
- Creation of school was announced at Academic Convocation. Logistics to establish the school are underway (including the appointment of a director and advisory board).
School of the Arts
- Established an advisory board and have raised nearly $100K to date.
- Developing a differentiated and integrated curriculum across the arts.
- Cultivation events planned; aiming to grow foundation support.
- Also working on a strategic multilevel marketing plan to build awareness and enrollment in the arts at FDU.
New Science Facility on Florham Campus
- Met with Chairman and CEO of BASF North America to discuss possible partnership to establish a new science center that will emphasize science for a sustainable future as a differentiating theme.