Welcome to the Provost’s Learning Outcomes Assessment Advisory Committee (PLOAAC) website. The purpose of this site is to keep the Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) community apprised of the function, work, actions, recommendations and support our committee provides to facilitate student learning outcomes assessment university-wide.
The mission of the Provost’s Learning Outcomes Assessment Advisory Committee (PLOAAC) is to facilitate sound learning outcomes assessment across the institution. We work with our constituents to ensure that thoughtful direct assessment of all program outcomes occurs on a regular cycle, and is thoughtfully used for continuous improvement. We seek to ensure that student learning outcomes assessment initiatives are aligned with the mission and goals of the university.
The goals are to:
- work collaboratively on LOA across campuses and colleges with all our constituents — faculty, staff, deans and administrators — to facilitate student learning outcomes assessment in a timely fashion.
- work with our constituents on the development of a systematic and systemic approach for learning outcomes assessment university-wide.
- oversee and facilitate the creation and implementation of plans for reporting progress on learning outcomes assessment with suggested timelines on data collection, analysis, feedback, and action plans for program improvement.
- join with faculty, administrators, and technology staff members to develop and maintain the infrastructure needed for the collection, analysis, and report generation for learning outcomes assessment.
- foster a “culture of assessment” at FDU.
- provide periodic updates for the University Provost, APRC, Dean’s Council, faculty, staff and administration on the committee’s findings, recommendations and accomplishments.
Provost's Learning Outcomes Assessment Advisory Committee (PLOAAC)
Associate Provost for Educational Resources and Assessment
Teaneck, NJ 07666