Green Campus Steering Committee
- Green Club, Florham Campus
- Green Club, Metro Campus
Make a campus-wide effort to think about environmental issues: recycle your old books and small electronics; enjoy the green space around campus. Activities of Green Campus included outdoor games, information about environmental friendly organizations and products, and a river clean-up at Metro Campus. Additionally, our Plant Sale includes flowers and herbs grown in our own campus greenhouses. Check your knowledge with Environmental Jeopardy.
- Students in English classes could write a descriptive essay about their trip down the river, or a persuasive essay about the information they acquired from vendors at an environmental event.
- Students in a psychology class studying behavior change could explore theories that might be useful in increasing recycling or other pro-environmental behavior.
- Students in a history class could research the political support for and opposition to environmental regulation.
Green Campus Tips
- Set your office copy machine to automatically double side.
- Use email to distribute memos rather than interoffice.
- Don’t use fax cover sheets. Try a small sticker instead.
- Make your margins smaller on all printed documents.
- Use online forms and online registration.
- Turn off lights/radios/TVs and electronics.
- Unplug when not in use
- Close windows and blinds before leaving for the day.
- Use reusable coffee cups and water bottles.
- Order green-friendly office products.
- Recycle paper and plastics.