UPDATE: March 27, 2020
Regrettably, all Continuing Education programs with the exception of Paralegal Studies, Human Resources Management and the Certificate in Financial Planning are suspended as we implement measures to protect students, faculty and families from unnecessary risks due to the Corona virus outbreak. We hope you understand that safety is our utmost concern in these unprecedented times. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Certificate in Financial Planning
Expand your career options in Financial Planning while you enjoy the convenience and flexibility of FDU’s Certificate in Financial Planning program. Designed for busy adults, this program is registered by the CFP Board and is offered onsite at our Florham Campus in Madison and our Metropolitan Campus in Teaneck, as well as at off-site locations. Upon completion, students will have finished the required 270 hours of instruction to sit for the CFP® Certification Exam — the standard of excellence for financial planners. FDU also offers a corporate onsite program and will custom design a schedule at your company’s location. Custom course schedules allow for flexibility and convenience for your employees.
- Complete the program ready to pass the CFP® Certification Exam
- Learn from faculty who have extensive industry experience
- Complete the program in 12 months
- Advance financial skills and career options
FDU’s Financial Planning Program will elevate the financial skills and career options of professionals practicing in the financial services industry, including: Investment Advisors, Bankers, Stock Brokers, Accountants, Tax Managers, Insurance Producers, Employee Benefits Professionals, Risk-Management Professionals, Lawyers and other Related Professionals and Career Changers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least two years of experience in a financial planning related position
- An interview may be required for some candidates
Enhance your financial planning knowledge, skills, and abilities in these six required courses.
- Financial Planning Process & Insurance – Learn financial planning terminology, evaluation of client data, needs and goals, and the concept of time value of money.
- Investment Planning – Explore basic investment concepts, including investment vehicles, economic concepts and types of investment risks.
- Income Tax Planning – Receive an overview of the federal tax system. Concepts of personal and business taxation are also addressed.
- Retirement Planning & Employee Benefits – Discover various alternatives available in planning for retirement.
- Estate Planning – Examine methods of property transfer at death, estate planning documents, gifting strategies, incapacity planning, and more.
- Financial Plan Development – This capstone course ties together all of the key aspects of the planning process. It includes creating a written financial plan and making an oral presentation to demonstrate the mastery of topics as applied to a financial plan.
Tuition and fees
Tuition for all six courses is $5,995. The $100 application/registration fee is included with the first payment. There are multiple payment options –
- Payment in Full – full tuition paid upon enrollment
- Deferred Payment Plan – payments made according to payment schedule
- Loan options, workforce development, and corporate vouchers
Register for Florham campus and for Metro campus. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.