Human Resources Management
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). Ensure you’re prepared with FDU’s SHRM Learning System Certification Prep Program for the SHRM-CP and the SHRM-SCP, designed for SHRM credential candidates,
- A 13-week course of study
- Metropolitan Campus in Teaneck, Florham Campus in Madison, online, and other selected sites
- Up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) awarded
Our course is based on the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. Comprised of comprehensive learning modules teaching the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK), and advanced online multimedia resources, these study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
By attending our course, you will experience:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs)
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management. The course investment includes all course materials, but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP examinations.
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
This course is strategic in nature, preparing HR professionals for career advancement opportunities. The course features open, interactive forums and “real world” application exercises to effectively reinforce the key concepts of each session.
Participants minimize travel expenses for professional development.
Practitioner-focused and competency-based.
This curriculum is designed by subject matter experts and includes application exercises that develop specific competencies and decision-making skills.
Many participants will be eligible to apply for employer tuition reimbursement.
The course provides opportunities for HR professionals to network, share “real world” experiences, and apply what they have learned to the workplace.
Tuition and fees
- $1,345 for SHRM® members
- $1,390 for non-members
Tuition and fees include a $25 non-refundable registration fee, workbooks, web access to the Resource Center, instructor handouts and 39 hours of classroom instruction. Interested in training your team? Ask about volume discounts or offering the program at your location.
- Leadership and Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning and Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness and Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law and Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business and HR Strategy
Online Format SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
The 2020 SHRM Learning System is offered in an online format — providing comprehensive, flexible and effective SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exam preparation. Real-life situations that require decision-making skills are incorporated into the online learning modules in addition to study tools to help you better understand, apply, and engage with behavioral competencies and HR knowledge. Professionals who use the SHRM Learning System to prepare for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam consistently beat the average pass rate. The online course is offered Wednesdays at 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm from February 26 through May 20, 2020.
Monday Evening, 6:30 to 9:30 PM
- February 24 through May 18, 2020
- Passaic County (202HRS8001)
- Courtyard Marriott, Wayne
Tuesday Evening, 6:30 to 9:30 PM
- February 18 through May 12, 2020
- Bergen County (202HRS0501)
- FDU Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck
Wednesday Evening, 6:30 to 9:30 PM
- February 19 through May 13, 2020
- Morris County (202HRS0802)
- FDU Florham Campus, Pharmacy Building
Thursday Evening, 6:30 to 9:30 PM
- February 20 through May 14, 2020
- Middlesex County (202HRS3001)
- Sheraton Hotel, Edison
Wednesday Evening, 6:30 to 9:30 PM
- February 26 through May 20, 2020
- Online Class
Saturday, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Dates: 3/7, 3/21, 4/4, 4/18, 5/2 and 5/16/2020 (6 Sessions)
- Bergen County (202HRS0601) at FDU Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck
- Morris County (202HRS0901) at FDU Florham Campus
- Carolyn Broderick, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, HRIP
- Dennis Butler, MBA, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
- Neil Currie, MBA, SHRM-SCP, GPHR
- Anna Fede, PHR, SHRM-CP
- Laurie Lepore, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
- Joe Nyitray, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
- Pat Rantkowski, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
3-Day Intensive Review for SHRM-CP/SCP
- 3-days: April 24, 25, and 26, 2020; 8:30 AM to 4 PM (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Program cost: $1,250
- Call 973-443-8230 for details and register online (202HRS3D701)
Intensive 3-day program to prepare HR Professionals for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam. Ideal for students with a tight schedule, who want the benefit of a quality SHRM-certified instructor to lead them through the SHRM Learning System and to provide test-taking tips and techniques.
SHRM Essentials of Human Resources Management
- 4 days: 2020 Dates to Come
- Florham Campus – Madison, NJ
- Program cost: $625
- Call 973-443-8230 and register online (192EHR0801)
This course offers a solid overview of the key aspects of HR and provide tools that can immediately be put to use in your organization. The content is newly updated with the latest HR regulations, trends, and best practices. Case studies, competency connections, and SHRM Body of Competencies and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK) principles are incorporated into the material to illustrate how HR helps drive overall business success.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices