Annual Tri-Collegiate Poster Presentation
- The purpose of the proposal is to make sure that the topic and scope of the poster is relevant to the symposium
- A student must be the first author of the poster
- Research should reflect an empirical research design
- Proposals for posters should be no more than 250 words
- A proposal will be similar to the abstract of a research article
- Proposals should be sent to Jennifer Wilson
- All documentation must be in APA format
The general format of a poster for a presentation follows the guidelines of a research article. There are generally seven areas to cover:
- Further Work
This information can be presented in a variety of ways. For more information about how to organize a poster see the following links:
Printing and Poster Size
One way to finalize a poster is to make slides on Microsoft Power Point, Word, or a similar program and print them out on color paper. A local copy store will then be able to print them on a high gloss poster. Feel free to bring your slides over to FDU’s Copies Plus. They have a poster printer.
Also, posters can be made by attaching regular paper to a poster. Poster will be tacked to poster board paper and displayed on easels or can be attached to a tri-fold board and placed on a table. Posters should be no larger than 3’ X 4’.