Early College Dual Enrollment Fact Sheet

Program Facts — 2023-2024 School Year

  1. Early College courses are taken at the high school during the regular school day. You must be currently enrolled in the course at the high school in order to register for the Early College Program and earn college credit.
  2. Courses taken through the Early College Program may be used for elective credits to meet college graduation requirements and/or earn you advanced standing.
  3. The cost is $300.00 per three-credit course. The cost is $100.00 per credit.
  4. Students in grades 9-12 are eligible to participate as long as they are taking a Fairleigh Dickinson University Early College-approved course at the high school.
  5. You may list courses taken at Fairleigh Dickinson University as college courses on most college applications. It will be at the discretion of the receiving institution to accept or deny these courses.
  6. You can participate in the Early College Program even if you plan on taking an AP Exam.
  7. You must receive a final grade of “C” or better in order to receive college credits from Fairleigh Dickinson University for each course. Grades range from A to F.
  8. Should you need to withdraw from an Early College class, please email earlycollege@fdu.edu. For Fall-only or Full-year courses, a full refund will be issued for withdrawals requested and processed by October 31st. For Spring-only classes, a full refund will be issued for withdrawals requested and processed by March 1st.
  9. At the conclusion of the academic year, your teacher will submit your final grade for your Early College course(s) to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Your grade(s) will be recorded on an official FDU transcript.
  10. To request an official FDU transcript, start by emailing earlycollege@fdu.edu to request and receive your 7-digit FDU Student ID number. Once you have your FDU Student ID number in hand, go to www.getmytranscript.org and select “Fairleigh Dickinson University” from the drop-down menu. Be sure to indicate that you are requesting an undergraduate transcript and never use your Social Security Number to secure a copy of your official transcript.
  11. Should you elect to enroll at Fairleigh Dickinson University, in some cases these credits may transfer in as General Education or Elective credit, and not credits in the major area. While all course credits are accepted by FDU as transfer credits, the equivalencies for these courses and how they will transfer are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. The same practice applies to most college and universities to which you would by applying.

For More Information