Face coverings are required to be worn by students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors on both New Jersey campuses per CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines. FDU will provide face masks to all faculty, staff and students.
All individuals who are on FDU property and/or are participating in an official FDU event must wear face coverings. Face coverings are required indoors and outdoors except as listed below.
If one is able to maintain a social distance of six feet or more, while outdoors, a face covering will not be required. However, all people will be required to possess a face covering at all times while on campus.
General Use and Requirements of Face Coverings:
- Face coverings are required to be worn by students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors per CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines on campus (both indoors and outdoors) including, but not limited to the following areas: classrooms, all University buildings, common areas, shared vehicles, etc.). Masks are not required when,
- Working or alone in an enclosed private office with the door closed;
- Operating a vehicle alone;
- Inside a personal on-campus residential room with no visitors;
- Eating or drinking while maintaining six feet social distance from other people.
- Face coverings must be worn no longer than one day at a time and cloth masks must be properly laundered daily before being used again.
- FDU recommends that students have a week’s supply of cloth-face coverings to reduce the need for daily laundering.
- Face masks will be available on a limited basis for students, faculty, staff, or visitors who have forgotten their own cloth mask; disposable masks will be available in a pre-determined, easily accessible location within each open building during normal business hours and at Public Safety at all times. The use of disposable masks is not a substitute for bringing one’s own mask and will not be allowed on a repeated basis.
- Students, faculty, and staff members who commute using public transportation should wear their face masks consistently.
- Plastic face shields or Plexiglas shields in or around a desk do not replace a face covering.
- Students, faculty, staff, contractors, and guests may use a mask of their choosing or making, provided it is constructed in accordance with CDC recommendations and FDU policies.
All students, staff, and faculty will be subject to their respective University Codes of Conduct for any violations of these requirements.