FDU Selects New Hospitality Partner for Dining Services
TEANECK, NJ, July 25, 2022 — Fairleigh Dickinson University announces that after a comprehensive campus review process, Aramark Collegiate Hospitality has been selected as the new hospitality partner beginning this summer. A trusted leader in the industry, Aramark was selected based on their demonstrated ability to align with Fairleigh Dickinson’s strategic focus to impact both student success and engagement, as well as fostering a connected community culture.
Aramark Collegiate Hospitality plans to hold student and campus community forums in the fall to ensure the dining program continuously evolves based on Fairleigh Dickinson student needs and preferences on each campus. In addition to hosting community forums, Aramark Collegiate Hospitality will be on campus to meet all current dining employees that are an important part of the FDU community. “People are our greatest asset, we value our people and recognize that there are many long-term dining employees with strong relationships with students and members of the FDU community,” noted Aramark Regional Vice President Brisbane Vaillancourt.
The dining program will further align to the overall strategic goals set out by the University with an exciting focus on the future, ensuring each student is supported in their academic pursuits and enjoys a connected experience on campus.
As part of its short- and long-term plans Aramark Collegiate Hospitality will introduce exciting new plans:
- A robust offering of delicious and diverse culinary options to meet the nutritional needs of all students on campus.
- New, innovative retail dining locations with fresh new menu items will be introduced, while keeping student-favorite comfort foods.
- Experiential-learning opportunities offered alongside FDU academic programs, providing students hands-on learning opportunities to graduate with marketable experience.
- New and exciting concessions to support FDU student-athletes and fans at Devils and Knights sporting events.
- Renovated dining halls on both the Florham and Metropolitan campuses — offering authentic ethnic cuisines along with a wide offering of dietary and nutritional offerings.
- Broadened late-night and weekend offerings to accommodate the campus community.
- The introduction of two autonomous markets, offering students convenience, ease and flexibility.
“We are thrilled to be partnering with Aramark Collegiate Hospitality to provide a new and elevated campus experience for our students and for the broader University community,” said Senior Vice President for University Operations Robert Pignatello. “When we launched our efforts many months ago to reimagine the campus experience at FDU, we set our sights on unmatched quality, greater accessibility and variety, modernized facilities and friendly service. This is a big, big win for our students and for their overall experience and satisfaction at Fairleigh Dickinson!”
“We are excited to have Aramark Collegiate Hospitality as our partner for campus dining as this positions Fairleigh Dickinson for a new and refreshing era of change that will enhance and grow our student community and experience with additional dining options, new venues and facility upgrades,” noted FDU President Christopher A. Capuano.
“The residential experience will be elevated with a culinary-forward program beginning this summer and a bold physical transformation will take a phased approach,” noted Vaillancourt. “The residential dining offerings include a wide variety of enticing menu options, ensuring that students with special dietary needs have abundant choices, and that plant-forward options are available broadly on FDU’s campuses.”