Professor of Political Science and International Studies, Department of Social Sciences and History, Becton College
- African in World Affairs
- African-American Politics
- Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Environmental Politics
- Geography and World Issues
- Globalization and World Citizenship
- Human Rights In a Global environment
- International law
- Introduction to Political Science
- Government and Politics of the Developing World
- Political and Economic Challenges In Africa
- Problems in International Politics
- UN and Human Security
- Contemporary African politics
- International politics and human Rights
- Recent research and selected publications include:
- “Transformative Online Education and Social Equality: The Prospects for E-Governance and Democracy in Africa” in Gulsun Kurubacak and T. Volkan Yuzer(ed) (2011)
- Handbook of Research on Transformative Online Education and Liberation: Models for Social Equality (Hershey, PA: IGI Global) and “ECOWAS and Democratic Consolidation in West Africa: Praetorian Resurgence as a Failure of Democratic Process.” African Renaissance,9:2 (2012);
- “Obama and Africa: Understanding the Framework for President Obama’s Foreign Policy in Africa” African Renaissance, Vol. 7, Number 1 (2010);
- Human rights and the New World Order (1997), Contemporary African Politics (1999), E-Learning and Challenges facing Distance Education in Africa (2009), The State, Democratization and the Challenges of Globalization (2004)
- BS Political Science;
- MS International Relations and Diploma (French), University of Ife (OAU), Ife. Nigeria;
- LL.M. International Law, University of Nottingham, England;
- DIHL International Humanitarian Law, Wegimont-BRC/ICRC.Belgium;
- DELF and DALF (French) CAVILAM/Universite de Clemont Ferrand,France;
- M.Phil. African Studies and PhD Political Science, Institut d’etudes Politiques, Bordeaux1, France.
Bamidele A. Ojo was a Fulbright Senior Research and Teaching Scholar in 2001/2002 at the University of Lagos, Nigeria. He was also on Fulbright Senior Specialist Roster 2005-2010. He served on the University Academic Senate Faculty Rights and Welfare Committee.
Appointed by former Nigerian President Obasanjo, as the Chairman of the Governing Council of the Michael Imodu National Institute For Labor Studies. A federal agency in the Ministry of Employment, Labor & Productivity, in Nigeria (2005-2006).
A member of the Nigerian National delegation to the Annual Conference of the International Labor Organization in Geneva, Switzerland in 2006. Appointed by former Nigerian President Yar’Adua as member of the Governing Board of National Institute for Trypanosomiasis Research (An agency in the Federal Ministry of Science & Technology) in 2009.
Important Note: Faculty profiles may include links to one or more non-FDU websites, including websites self-maintained by faculty to provide additional information about their publications, scholarly pursuits, and other information of interest. If you click on these links, you will be leaving the FDU-maintained website and will be directed to a site that is not under the control of FDU. FDU is not responsible for the content or accessibility of linked non-FDU websites. If, however, you experience a problem with the content or accessibility of a linked website, please contact us using the information on our Accessibility page.