Medical Entrance Requirements
FDU is transitioning to an electronic medical record called Medicat. All medical forms must be submitted through Medicat.
Please access the Medicat Patient Portal where you will be given instructions on how to complete your medical records.
The Medicat patient portal can be accessed by using the same username and password that you use to access your FDU student account. If you are having technical difficulties accessing Medicat please contact the Help Desk at 973-443-8822.
Medical records are due on the dates as seen below:
- Fall Semester: July 15
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer Semesters: April 15
Depending on what type of student you are (resident, commuter, nursing, or off-site), there are different requirements. Please complete and submit the appropriate forms.
Off-site students: Students who are taking classes at an off-site location (FDU Off-Campus Sites explained) only need to submit the Off-Site Student Immunization Record. If you are taking classes on the Metropolitan or Florham Campus you are NOT an off-site student. You must submit the COMMUTER medical information as directed in Medicat.
Immunization requirements for resident, commuter, and nursing students
|MMR||✔||✔||✔ Titers Required|
|Varicella||✔||✖||✔ Titers Required|
|Hepatitis B||✔||✔||✔ Titers Required|
|Influenza||✖ Encouraged Every Fall||✖ Encouraged Every Fall||✔|
Important information to remember when submitting the required entrance forms
- Please keep a copy of the completed forms for your personal records.
- Students will not be permitted to register for a class or reside in FDU housing until the health forms and immunization records are completed and received.
- All forms submitted MUST be in English.
- Students who request a medical or religious exemption will be required to have blood titers drawn for Varicella, MMR, and Hepatitis B; and can choose to either have a CXR and/or a QuantiFERON TB gold test performed in lieu of a TB skin test. Please see the relevant State of NJ information. You will also be required to complete the exemption form provided within Medicat and if a medical exemption you are required to have documentation from your health care provider supporting the reason for the exemption.