USA graduate applicants applying online
Instructions on this page are for U.S. applicants for graduate studies. See links below for applications for international applicants and for applications to FDU’s Vancouver Campus in Canada.
USA graduate applicants applying by mail or fax
- Print and read through the Graduate Application Instructions (PDF).
- Download, complete and submit the Graduate Application writable PDF. If applicable, please use the below forms:
- Prepare for submission either by fax or mail, keeping one complete copy for yourself: the completed application, $50 non-refundable application fee made payable to Fairleigh Dickinson University, and supporting documents outlined below.
- Submit documents to the Graduate Admissions Office at the appropriate campus (See Campus Information below).
For questions or more information, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or call 800-338-8803.
Readmission and visiting students
Readmission and visiting students must complete and submit the appropriate application form below.
- The Application for Readmission (PDF) form is for matriculated students who interrupt their studies for one or more semesters, without requesting a leave of absence in writing. No application fee is required. Readmitted students will be governed by the Graduate Studies Bulletin for the academic year of readmission and will be subject to the current admission requirements.
- The Visiting College Student Application (PDF) form is for students enrolled at another college or university and, with permission from their current university, plan to take classes at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
If you need assistance in determining the admissions status appropriate for you (e.g., matriculant, non-matriculant, non-degree or auditor), please refer to the graduate admissions status terms or call the Graduate Admissions Office at the appropriate campus (See the Campus Information chart below.)
Some of our graduate degrees require a customized application form. Application instructions and forms for these degrees are available below:
- Master of Administrative Science (MAS) Degree
- MA in Student Services Administration
- MS in Cyber and Homeland Security Administration (MSCHSA)
- Master of Sports Administration (MSA)
- MS in Clinical Psychopharmacology
- PhD Program in Clinical Psychology
- PsyD Program in School Psychology
- PharmD in Pharmacy
- Vancouver Campus Graduate Degrees
- International graduate applicants applying to the Florham or Metro Campus in NJ
- Vancouver Campus graduate applicants
Supporting information for graduate admissions
Applicants are responsible for submitting official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. Note: An official transcript is one which has been signed by the registrar, carries the school seal and has been sent directly from the school to the Graduate Admissions Office. All credentials become the property of the University and cannot be returned to the applicant. Foreign educational credentials must be submitted with a certified English translation and may require evaluation by a University-approved agency.
Graduate entrance examinations
Required entrance examinations should be taken far enough in advance of your anticipated enrollment date so that the scores can be received and evaluated prior to the beginning of the semester. Official test scores for all entrance examinations must be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office at the appropriate campus. Please be sure to use the correct campus code number. Information on the various examination programs can be obtained from the Graduate Admissions Office or by contacting the appropriate testing service.
- Educational Testing Service (ETS) for
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- PRAXIS (Professional Assessments for Beginning Teachers)
- The Graduate Management Admissions Council for GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test)
- Pearson for MAT (Miller Analogies Test)
|Entrance Exams||Florham Campus||Metro Campus, online,
and all off-campus sites
|GRE, TOEFL, and PRAXIS||2262||2263|
|GMAT-MS Supply Chain Management||J6x-HG-78||J6X-HG-78|
Letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation are required for most graduate degree programs. Please check the requirements specific to your intended field of study in the Graduate Studies Bulletin. Send all letters of recommendation to the Graduate Admissions Office at the appropriate campus (See the Campus Information chart below.)
Personal interviews are not generally required but may be requested as part of the admissions process. Students must check the specific admissions requirements for the program in which they are interested.
Students whose native language is not English
All applicants whose native language is not English, and have not earned a degree at an English-speaking college or university, are required to provide a qualifying English proficiency score in accordance with the University’s English Proficiency Policy.
Graduate scholarships, grants, assistantships, fellowships, and internships
Graduate scholarships, grants, assistantships, fellowships and internships are available, and are awarded to part-time and full-time graduate students on a competitive basis. Please contact the appropriate academic school or department for details.
Financial assistance and payment plans
A variety of student loan programs are available for graduate students who are attending the University on a matriculating or non-matriculating basis. For information, please call the Office of Financial Aid. The University also participates in corporate reimbursement programs and offers a deferred payment plan for students whose companies reimburse them for their educational expenses. Installment payment plans are also available to assist graduate students in meeting their educational expenses. For information, please call the Office of Enrollment Services.
Campus contact information
|FDU office||Florham Campus||Metro Campus, online, and all off-campus sites|
|Graduate Admissions||Fairleigh Dickinson University
285 Madison Ave, M-RI0-01
Madison, NJ 07940
|Fairleigh Dickinson University
1000 River Rd, T-KB1-01
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Graduate Admissions Office
Fairleigh Dickinson University is New Jersey’s largest private institution of higher education. The University enrolls nearly 12,000 students, including nearly 4,000 graduate students. While the majority of its graduate students hail from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania, the University also attracts a large number of international students.
Through research and education, the University strives to enhance the professional and career skills of its graduate students. Its academic quality is reflected in the outstanding achievements of the University’s alumni, many of whom have reached the highest positions of leadership in their fields.
The master’s degree is offered in more than 60 different areas of business administration, education, engineering, liberal arts, public administration, and the sciences.
Post-graduate certificate studies for individuals already holding a master’s degree are available in many fields.