Fairleigh Dickinson University is a diverse academic community that strives to provide students with educational values, opportunities for personal growth and enrichment, and a success-fostering environment based on cooperation, communication, and caring.
With these principles in mind, FDU is dedicated to supporting the whole student — academically, physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually — through a variety of offices and services. Academic assistance and advisement, health and wellness centers, graduate and career guidance, and a variety of programs serving students of special needs and circumstances are all available and their use is actively encouraged.
Not every student is ready to hit the ground running as they embark on their college career. FDU offers several programs tailored to overcome the apprehensions that our incoming students may experience.
- COMPASS (Autism support)
- Freshman Intensive Studies (FIS, Florham)
- Enhanced Freshman Experience (EFE, Metro)
- SUCCESS program for adult freshmen, Metro
- Educational Opportunity Fund for financially-qualifying NJ-based freshmen
- Summer Experience for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Pre-University Program (PUP) English language and American culture for international students, Metro
- Pre-University Program (PUP), Vancouver
Advisors help you to navigate FDU academics to be sure you follow the curricular road to graduation.
- Becton Academic Advising, Florham
- Academic Advisement Center, Metro
- Center for Business Students
- Graduate and Pre-Professional Advisement, Metro
Tutoring and Support
Support centers help you study with additional instruction in your subjects, with small group or one-on-one tutoring sessions.
- Academic Support Center, Florham
- Academic Resource Center, Metro
- Metro Writing Studio
- Academic Support Program (ASP), Vancouver
Disability Support, Florham and Metro
- Disability Support Services, Florham
- Disability Support Services, Metro
- Center for Students with Learning Disabilities