Florham Campus Academic Support Center
The Florham Campus Academic Support Center (ASC) provides FREE one-to-one and group tutoring to all current undergraduate and graduate students of the Florham Campus. We can also match faculty who are seeking an extra set of eyes on their scholarly work with one of our professional tutors.
Tutoring starts the second week of class for the spring and fall semesters. The Academic Support Center is open in the summer, but a full tutoring schedule is not available. Please contact the office to determine if a tutor is available.
- Schedule no more than one hour of tutoring per subject, per week
- Monday through Thursday 9 AM to 10 PM
- Friday 9 AM to 3 PM
- Sunday 5 PM to 10 PM
- Walk-in hours are posted at our online myASC
Flexible Appointment Styles
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Visit myASC. Create an account and book an appointment online.
- When you’re scheduling online:
- First select the subject area (for example, either “English/Writing” or “Business/Math”) and then select the specific class.
- Click on a white cell for an available appointment time slot.
- Select a half hour or hour appointment by adjusting the time, enter the course information, and make sure you save the appointment.
- An email confirmation for your appointment will be sent to you upon making the appointment, and a reminder will be sent 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- For any group or study skills sessions, call or stop by.
What to Expect
Cancellations, No-Shows, and Rescheduling
Who tutors at the Academic Support Center?
We have both peer (student) and professional tutors on staff.
In addition to our full-time staff, we have a team of professional tutors covering several disciplines. All of our professional tutors are credentialed and seasoned professionals, many of whom are adjunct instructors and have had professional careers in the fields they are tutoring. Our student tutors must earn a B+ or higher in the courses they tutor, and they must be recommended by a faculty member in the discipline they tutor.