Florham Campus Academic Support Center
The Florham Campus Academic Support Center (ASC) provides FREE one-to-one and group tutoring to all current undergraduate and graduate students of the Florham Campus. We also offer faculty proofreading services for their scholarly work.
Tutoring starts the second week of class for the fall and spring semesters. The Academic Support Center is open in the summer, but a full tutoring schedule is not available. Please contact the office to schedule an appointment.
- Schedule up to one hour of tutoring per class, per week
- Monday through Thursday 9 AM to 10 PM
- Friday 9 AM to 4 PM
- Sunday 5 PM to 10 PM
- Walk-in appointment hours are posted at our online myASC
Flexible Appointment Styles
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Visit myASC. Create an account and book an appointment online.
- When you’re scheduling online:
- First select the subject area (for example, either “English/Writing” or “Business/Math”) and then select the specific class.
- Click on a white cell for an available appointment time slot.
- Select a half hour or hour appointment by adjusting the time, enter the course information, and save the appointment.
- An email confirmation will be sent to you upon making the appointment, and a reminder will be sent 24 hours prior to the appointment.
- For group sessions or time management or study skills appointments, call or stop by.
What to Expect
Cancellations, No-Shows, and Rescheduling
Who tutors at the Academic Support Center?
We have both peer (student) and professional tutors on staff.
In addition to our full-time staff, we have a team of professional tutors covering several disciplines. All of our professional tutors are credentialed and seasoned professionals, many of whom are also adjunct instructors at FDU and have had professional careers in the fields they are tutoring. Our student tutors must have earned a B+ or higher in the courses they tutor, and they must be recommended by a faculty member at FDU in the discipline they tutor.