Rankings and Distinctions
Fairleigh Dickinson University is proud of the many recognitions it earns on a regular basis. Below are a few recent highlights.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University is ranked among the best regional universities in the North region by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges 2020. The University was also ranked by U.S. News number 20 in Best Value Schools. In addition, the University’s undergraduate programs in business and engineering were named among the top in the nation. The University was ranked number 32 among regional universities in the North for veterans and the 28th most diverse college or university in the region. FDU was also recognized among the top in Best Undergraduate Teaching (35 in the region), Most Innovative Schools (21) and Top Performers on Social Mobility (41).
- Fairleigh Dickinson University is ranked among “America’s Best Colleges” by Forbes magazine (2019).
- FDU is listed among the top U.S. colleges in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education rankings (2020).
- The University is ranked among the top regional universities in the northern United States (number 21) by the independent college search and rankings website College Choice (2016).
- Fairleigh Dickinson University was named among “The Best Colleges For Your Money 2019″ by Money magazine, which earlier ranked FDU number 5 in the nation for “The 50 Colleges That Add the Most Value” list. (2017)
"Fairleigh Dickinson University among "The Best Colleges For Your Money 2019""
— Money magazine
- FDU’s New Jersey campuses were both named “hidden gems” by the college planning website College Raptor. (2019)
- Silberman College of Business is ranked among “The Best 267 Business Schools” by Princeton Review (2018 edition).
- FDU’s International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management is ranked number six on TheBestSchools.org list of the nation’s top hospitality programs (2019). The school was also ranked by CEOWORLD magazine fifth in its annual university rankings of the Best Hospitality and Hotel Management Schools in the world (2019). The school also was rated by the Princeton Review’s “Gourman Report” as one of the top 15 four-year hospitality management programs in the United States and by SuccessfulStudent.org as number six on its list of the top 25 best hospitality colleges nationwide (2016).
- Fairleigh Dickinson University’s graduate programs in nursing, clinical psychology, pharmacy, psychology, and public affairs are ranked among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report’s Grad School Rankings (2020).
- According to the Equality of Opportunity Project report on the role of colleges in intergenerational mobility (2017), Fairleigh Dickinson University was ranked near the top among universities in the state and nation for helping students move from lower income brackets to the middle and upper class. In fact, 24 percent of students who graduate FDU move up by two or more income quintiles. FDU ranks 80th for mobility out of 578 selective private colleges nationwide.
- FDU’s Silberman College of Business is recognized as an “Excellent Business School” worldwide by Eduniversal survey (2018). (Note: There are five categories of rankings: Universal, Top, Excellent, Good and Local.) Eduniversal also has ranked FDU master’s degree programs among the best globally and in North America. These include the MS in electronic commerce, MS in accounting, MS in hospitality management studies, MBA, MBA in marketing, MBA in international business, MA in communication, Executive MBA and MS in supply chain management (2019).
- The Master of Health Science was ranked number 8 in the Top 15 Masters in Clinical Research Programs by Social Work Degree Guide (2019)
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine ranked FDU’s Metropolitan Campus among the top 100 American universities for Hispanics earning their first master’s degrees. The University was also ranked among the top 10 for those earning bachelor’s degrees in liberal arts and sciences and general studies and humanities (2016).
- FDU’s Henry P. Becton School of Nursing and Allied Health was ranked among the top U.S. nursing schools (number 62 in the Mid-Atlantic region) by Nursing Schools Almanac (2018). Also, Nursejournal.org named FDU the best nurse practitioner program in the state of New Jersey (2018).
- FDU is ranked number 12 on the GradReports list of the 25 Best Colleges for Criminology (2020).
- FDU’s MS in accounting program is ranked in the top 10 nationwide according to a survey of tax employers conducted by TaxTalent (2015).
- Master’s Programs Guide ranked FDU as one of the 10 Best Master’s Programs in Taxation (2020).
"FDU's Metropolitan Campus ranked among the top 100 American universities for Hispanics earning their first master's degrees. The University was also ranked among the top 10 for those earning bachelor's degrees in liberal arts and sciences and general studies and humanities (2016)."
— Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine
- OnStage Blog rated FDU’s BA in Theater Arts major as one of the best 25 programs in the country. (2018)
- The University was ranked number one in New Jersey for animation and number 18 on the East Coast by Animation Career Review (2018). That same organization ranked FDU Top 25 on the East Coast and Top 5 in New Jersey in its 2018 Game Design School Rankings, as well as Top 5 in New Jersey for graphic design in 2019.
- OnlineMasters.com named FDU one of the Best Master’s in Electrical Engineering programs (2019). The program was also named Best for Design Careers.
- GreatValueColleges.net ranked FDU 19th on its list of the 30 Most Affordable Master’s in Forensic Psychology programs (2020).
- Nonprofit Colleges Online ranked FDU’s online master of science in electrical engineering degree program number three nationwide for programs offering the greatest value (2017).
- FDU’s BA degree in Interdisciplinary Studies is among the best such “integrative studies” programs in rankings from BestColleges.com. (2016)
- FDU’s School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences was named the number one small/medium sized company in New Jersey to work for among NJBIZ’s “Best Places to Work in New Jersey” (2017). The school also earned Platinum recognition from the American Heart Association as a “Fit-Friendly Worksite” (2014). The award recognizes employers who go above and beyond for their employees’ health.
- For the third year in a row, FDU’s Paralegal Studies Program was chosen as the “Best Paralegal Education Provider” in New Jersey in a poll conducted by the New Jersey Law Journal (2014).
- FDU was re-designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education through 2020 by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security.
- Cyberdegrees.org ranked FDU among the 17 best schools with online computer forensics programs (2018).
- For the fourth year in a row, Financial Planning magazine has named Fairleigh Dickinson University as one of the top 35 “Great Schools for Financial Planning.” (2016)
- BestColleges.com selected FDU as one of the Best Online Colleges in New Jersey (2018).
- FDU was rated the third best online college in New Jersey, according to Value Colleges (2017).
- FDU’s Summer Pre-College Program was ranked among the Top 30 in the nation by College Consensus. (2019)
- The online master’s degree program in mathematics at the Metropolitan Campus was cited twice by SR Education Group in its Top and Most Affordable Online Colleges rankings — 14th in value, 17th in affordability. (2018)
- Graduates of FDU rank in the top 20 percent of earners among the nation’s colleges and universities, in a 2013 PayScale College Salary Report based on earnings after graduation, mid-career earnings and job satisfaction.