Silberman Academic Advising
Silberman College of Business partners with students to promote academic success and the achievement of educational goals. An assigned advising counselor provides all undergraduate business majors year-round assistance with course review and selection, registration, and exit planning.
Contacts for Prospective Students
For Florham students, contact Mary Sakin, Executive Director of Placement and Outreach
For Metro students, contact Paige Soltano, Director of Placement and Outreach
Contacts for Current Students
Florham Campus Advisors
Hennessy Hall (the mansion), first floor, room 6
Metropolitan Campus Advisors
Dickinson Hall, second floor, room 2183
Some Helpful Information/Tips
- Webadvisor for information about FDU course offerings
PDF Documents for Download
- Scheduling grid (PDF) to help you plan your class schedule
- Instructions for taking a course off-campus (PDF)
- Registration and change of schedule form template (PDF)
- Student grade appeals procedure (PDF)
- Making successful academic progress (PDF)
- FDU Web Campus instructions: Information on current courses (PDF)
- What if I fall below a 2.0 GPA? (PDF)
All Silberman students are expected to abide by the University’s Academic Integrity Policy (PDF).
Frequently Asked Questions
Proper Preparation for Study Abroad/Wroxton College
Inform advisors of intention to study abroad or in Wroxton so that the appropriate classes may be designated.
Students typically study in Wroxton the second semester of their sophomore year. Expected graduation may be delayed pending students’ major course requirements and/or course availability.
Wroxton offers courses in literature, history, political science, fine arts, sociology, psychology, communications, and University core.
Students may take between 15 and 18 credits while studying at Wroxton.
For more information, stop by the Wroxton College/Study Abroad Office in the basement of the Mansion and speak with Brian Swanzey.