Florham Campus Academic Advising
The goal of the Becton College Advising Center is to educate and orient incoming freshmen to their curriculum, to apprise students of academic options and advising resources within the College, and to inform students of their responsibilities in understanding degree completion requirements.
Off-campus Course Authorizations
Becton College students seeking approval to take classes off-campus during winter and summer sessions should do the following:
- Make an appointment with your Academic Advisor to discuss how off-campus courses relate to your curriculum and to pick up a copy of your checksheet.
- Bring a copy of the course description from the institution you wish to attend. Bring your FDU checksheet and the course description to the Becton College Advising Center.
Approved Off-Campus Authorization is forwarded to the Office of Enrollment Services, Records from the Advising Center.
- Students must be in good academic standing with an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Authorization is generally granted for elective courses only. General Education or courses in the major will require special permission.
- The allowable number of credits taken off-campus is 16; however, this number is reduced for students having transferred to FDU. The maximum of 16 credits shall be reduced by 3 credits for every 16 credits transferred to FDU.
- Students may take lower level (1000 and 2000) courses at accredited two-year institutions. Transfer students may have a total of 64 credits from two-year institutions applied to their FDU degree. All upper level (3000 and 4000) courses must be taken at an accredited four-year institution.
- Courses taken off-campus will count in your FDU GPA. Grades of C or better will be accepted. Grades of C- (C minus) or below will not be accepted.
- A course failed at FDU cannot be repeated off-campus.
- Transcripts must be sent to FDU’s Office of Enrollment Services, Records upon completion of the course for credits to be applied to your FDU transcript.
The following numbering conventions are used for all undergraduate and graduate courses listed in the Fairleigh Dickinson academic bulletins:
Academic Advising Center contact information
- Deborah Dobson, Advises transfer students and can answer general questions
- Lilla Vinci, youcanbook.me, advises students with last names A through G
- Christina Carlson, youcanbookme.com, advises students with last names H through P
- Todd Ferris, youcanbookme.com, advises students with last names Q through Z
285, Madison Ave, M-MS1-02, Madison, NJ 07940
Hennessey Hall (the mansion), first floor, room M-8