Florham Campus Academic Advising
Off-campus Course Authorizations
Becton College students seeking approval to take classes off-campus during winter and summer sessions should do the following:
- Make an appointment with your Academic Advisor to discuss how off-campus courses relate to your curriculum and to pick up a copy of your checksheet.
- Bring a copy of the course description from the institution you wish to attend. Bring your FDU checksheet and the course description to the Becton College Advising Center.
Approved Off-Campus Authorization is forwarded to the Office of Enrollment Services, Records from the Advising Center.
- Students must be in good academic standing with an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Authorization is generally granted for elective courses only. General Education or courses in the major will require special permission.
- The allowable number of credits taken off-campus is 16; however, this number is reduced for students having transferred to FDU. The maximum of 16 credits shall be reduced by 3 credits for every 16 credits transferred to FDU.
- Students may take lower level (1000 and 2000) courses at accredited two-year institutions. Transfer students may have a total of 64 credits from two-year institutions applied to their FDU degree. All upper level (3000 and 4000) courses must be taken at an accredited four-year institution.
- Courses taken off-campus will count in your FDU GPA. Grades of C or better will be accepted. Grades of C- (C minus) or below will not be accepted.
- A course failed at FDU cannot be repeated off-campus.
- Transcripts must be sent to FDU’s Office of Enrollment Services, Records upon completion of the course for credits to be applied to your FDU transcript.
Academic Advising Center contact information
- Deborah Dobson, Advises transfer students and can answer general questions
- Lilla Vinci, youcanbook.me, advises students with last names A through G
- Christina Carlson, youcanbookme.com, advises students with last names H through P
- Todd Ferris, youcanbookme.com, advises students with last names Q through Z