Students who are in their fourth semester at FDU and who meet the application criteria may apply. Applicants must have had secondary school preparation in English, mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics. Please speak to the FDU preprofessional advisor for additional information on application criteria.
The Program is designed for students who are accepted into professional school (e.g., School of Medicine, Dentistry, Chiropractic, and Optometry) after three years of undergraduate study. Twenty-nine credits earned during the first year of professional school are used to supplement the 95 credits earned at FDU to complete the 124 credits required for the BS degree.
A minimum of 123 credits is required for graduation with BS Biology.
NOTE: All students are required to complete the General Education Requirements of their campus in fulfillment of their Bachelor degree requirements.
Semesters 1 and 2
- BIOL1221, BIOL1222 Biological Diversity and Laboratory
- BIOL1223 Biological Diversity Recitation
- BIOL1233, BIOL1234 Introduction to Molecules, Cells and Genes and Laboratory
- BIOL1235 Molecules, Cells & Genes Recitation
- CHEM1201, CHEM1203 General Chemistry I and Laboratory
- CHEM1202, CHEM1204 General Chemistry II and Laboratory
Semester 3 and 4
- BIOL2200, BIOL2201 Ecology & Field Biology and Laboratory (or)
- MBIO2209, MBIO2219 Introduction to Marine Biology and Laboratory
- BIOL2300 Experimental Design
- BIOL3050, BIOL3051 Molecular Cell Biology & Laboratory
- CHEM2261, CHEM2263 Organic Chemistry I and Laboratory
- CHEM2262, CHEM2264 Organic Chemistry II and Laboratory
Semesters 5 and 6
- BIOL3100, BIOL3101 Genetics and Laboratory
- BIOL3225/BIOL3226 General Microbiology and Laboratory
- BIOL3238/BIOL3239 Human Structure & Function I and Laboratory
- BIOL4405 Ethics in Science
- BIOL4950 Biology Seminar
- PHYS2203 / PHYS2201 University Physics I Lecture and Laboratory
- PHYS2204 / PHYS2202 University Physics II Lecture and Laboratory
- CHEM3281 Biochemistry I
Semesters 7 and 8
- Approved credits taken at professional school (29 credits)