Graduate Certificate: Advanced Computer Programming
The objective is to provide comprehensive experience in program development in several languages, including C/C++, assembly language, Java, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, Unix Shell, and systems programming.
Admission to the certificate program requires a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a satisfactory academic record.
18 credits (six courses) are to be taken from the following:
- CSCI5505 Introduction to Computer Programming
- CSCI5555 Data Structures (or)
- CSCI5565 Assembly Language
- CSCI6617 Computer Game Programming
- CSCI6723 Database Project with Visual Basic
- CSCI6810 Java and the Internet
- CSCI6844 Programming for the Internet
- CSCI7645 Systems Programming
- CSCI7781 Unix Shell Programming
Students must satisfy the prerequisites of the courses that they will take.
Courses with number 6000 or higher completed through this certificate program can be credited toward the M.S. Computer Science program. Other courses may be substituted with prior approval of the Academic Advisor.