Graduate Certificate: Database Administration
The objective is to provide expertise in the development, maintenance, and supervision of databases.
Admission to the certificate program requires a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a satisfactory academic record.
18 credits (six courses) are to be chosen from the following
- CSCI5505 Introduction to Computer Programming or
- CSCI5525 Introduction to Computer Science
- CSCI6623 Database Systems
- CSCI6882 Data Warehouse and Data Mining
- CSCI7741 Disaster Recovery
- CSCI7781 Advanced Database Systems
- CSCI7783 Information Security
Students must satisfy the prerequisites of the courses that they will take.
CSCI7785 Distributed Database Systems
CSCI6623, CSCI6882, CSCI7741, CSCI7781, CS I7783, and CSCI7785 can be taken completely online.
Courses with number 6000 or higher completed through this certificate program can be credited toward the M.S. Computer Science program. Other courses may be substituted with prior approval of the Academic Advisor.
Special tuition rate is available at 50% off the regular tuition rate for eligible students.