Theater Program Auditions and Scholarships
Experience Theater at Florham Campus
FDU attracts talented students from across the country to experience the multifaceted opportunities of our Theater Department. Whether your interest is musical theater, acting, or the technical aspects of the stage, students at FDU will learn from some of the most accomplished theater professionals as faculty.
Theater Auditions and Interviews
- Acting students should prepare two contrasting monologues lasting no longer than two minutes each.
- Musical Theater students should present one monologue and one song of at least 32 bars.
- Directing, Theater Studies, and Design and Technical students should schedule an interview.
We are currently accepting video auditions and remote interviews for Fall 2021.
- March 11 (4:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- March 15 (6:00 PM – 7:30 PM)
- March 19 (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM)
- April 5 (6:00 PM – 7:30 PM)
- April 15 (4:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- April 16 (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM)
- April 30 (3:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
Read tips on getting the most out of an audition monologue, by playwright and FDU director of acting, Stacie Lents, published in Playscripts magazine.
Learn about our campus:
- The main stage at Dreyfuss Theater has four performances each season.
- The Barn Theater is our black box and also home to Fairleigh Dramatics, the student-run drama club.
Read about our director of acting in the New Jersey Stage magazine story: An Interview with Stacie Lents.
Any student who auditions or interviews on campus will be considered for a theater scholarship. Scholarships are renewable and range up to $5,000 per year.