Theater Program Auditions and Scholarships
Experience Theater at Florham Campus
FDU attracts talented students from across the country to experience the multifaceted opportunities of our Theater Department. Whether your interest is musical theater, acting, or the technical aspects of the stage, students at FDU will learn from some of the most accomplished theater professionals as faculty.
Theater auditions and theater interviews for all theater majors
- Students interested in acting or musical theater must audition.
- Students interested in directing or design and technical theater must interview.
We are currently accepting video auditions and remote interviews for Theater for Fall 2020. If you are interested in auditioning by video or in scheduling a remote interview, please fill out this form and we will get back to you ASAP.
Below is the audition schedule for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- September 25 at 4-5 PM
- October 2 at 3:30-5 PM
- October 13 at 4:30-5:30 PM
- October 15 at 4-5:30 PM
- October 26 at 6-7 PM
- October 30 at 4-5 PM
- November 2 at 6-7 PM
- November 10 at 4:30-5:30 PM
- November 12 at 4-5:30 PM
- December 2 at 4-6:30 PM
Given growing health concerns related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and out of an abundance of caution, Fairleigh Dickinson University will temporarily suspend campus visits. We’re sincerely sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 973-443-8900.
Acting audition requirements
You should prepare two contrasting monologues lasting no longer than two minutes each.
Musical theater audition requirements
You will be asked to present one monologue and one song of at least 32 bars. Be sure to bring your own backing track on a CD. A CD player will be available.
Read tips on getting the most out of an audition monologue, by playwright and FDU director of acting, Stacie Lents, published in Playscripts magazine.
Attend our productions.
- The main stage at Dreyfuss Theater has four performances each season.
- The Barn Theater is the black box home of the drama club.
Read about our director of acting in the New Jersey Stage magazine story: An Interview with Stacie Lents.
Any student who auditions or interviews on campus will be considered for a theater scholarship. Scholarships are renewable and range up to $5,000 per year.
Experience the theater scene
As part of the audition experience, students can also:
- Tour the campus.
- Tour the 440-seat Dreyfuss Theater — the site of our yearly main stage productions.
- Attend an acting or dance class.
- Learn about FDU’s international theater studies and internship opportunities with accomplished theater professionals.
- Meet with an admissions counselor.