Welcome to Fairleigh Dickinson University! We are thrilled that you will be joining our Knight family. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to the Metropolitan Campus for our overnight orientation this summer.
Orientation 2020: Summer Session Dates
- Session 1: July 14-July 15, Tuesday to Wednesday
- Session 2: July 21-July 22, Tuesday to Wednesday
Orientation is your chance to learn about the programs and services FDU has to offer, ask questions, meet with an advisor, sign-up for classes, get to know classmates, meet FDU faculty and staff, and begin your adventure as a new student.
During our New Student Orientation sessions, all students will stay on-campus in one of our University residence halls. Staying overnight in the residence halls, during New Student Orientation, is an experience that supports a student’s transition to FDU in the fall. All rooms are air-conditioned and double occupancy. The residence halls will be staffed with Orientation Leaders as well as an on-call professional staff member. Students must remain on campus for the entire two day New Student Orientation session. Guests are not permitted.
What You Can Expect at Orientation
New Student Orientation is designed around you to help facilitate your successful transition to Fairleigh Dickinson University. There are many benefits to attending Orientation during the summer:
- Receive an introduction to the academic experience of Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Meet with an advisor to review your course schedule.
- Meet other new students and form new friendships with classmates.
- Learn about the mission, values, and traditions of Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Receive information on the programs and services offered through campus offices and departments.
- Meet faculty and staff from different areas across the University.
- Connect with current student leaders and learn about ways to get involved on campus.
- Learn about safety and security on campus.
- Explore campus life by staying in the residence halls and eating on campus.
- Take a campus tour to learn important buildings and locations on campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are going to be a resident student in the fall, you must receive all New Jersey state mandated immunizations prior to your residence hall move-in day. Students will not be permitted to register for classes, or to reside in on-campus housing at FDU, until the health forms and immunization records are completed and received.
Please visit Student Health Services online for further information regarding immunizations.