Requesting a Roommate (Metro)
New & First-Year Students will be able to conduct a roommate search, and request their roommate, from June 21 until July 14 (11:59 PM) per the instructions provided below.
Below are the 6 steps for Requesting a Roommate
- Log-in to MyHousing.
- Under the “Room Selection” tab, select “Roommates/Suitemates”.
Note 1: The “Select a Room or Suite” option will be only be visible to returning FDU students until June 1. New & First-Year students do not have the option to select their room, they are assigned housing by Housing and Residence Life.
Note 2: New & First-Year students can begin searching for a roommate from June 21 until July 14 (11:59 PM). New & First-Year students that attempt to access the “Roommates/Suitemates” option before June 21 or after July 14 will receive an error message.
- On the same screen, at the pull-down menu for “Select A Term”, select “Metro Fall 20XX”.
4. You will be able to perform a“Simple Roommate Search” or an“Advanced Roommate Search”:
Simple Roommate Search- You have a specific person you would like to request as your roommate. Enter their first name, last name, or FDU email address to search for them in MyHousing.
Advanced Roommate Search- You are interested in searching the database for other students with the first name “XXXXXX”, last name “XXXXXX”, based on their Current Major, or preferences they indicated on their housing application related to Study Environment, Sharing, Music or Smoking.
Example 1: If you enter the following information and conduct a search, a list will be generated of all biology majors named Pierce who are non-smokers:
First Name: Pierce Major: Biology Smoking Preference: A non-smoker
Example 2: If you only select Psychology in the “Academic Major” section, a list will be generated of all psychology majors.
Note: Only students who submit a Housing Application and their residence hall deposit ($350) will be searchable.
- If you conduct an “Advanced Roommate Search”, each student that appears in your search results will yield the below information. When you are ready to submit your request, in the “Options”section, if you click “Request This Student”, the student will receive a notification that you have requested them:
- Other Attributes
- Brief Profile
Note: The following message will appear if you are the first person in your group making the
“You have an unmatched roommate group.”
- If you receive a roommate request from another student, the following options will appear and you will be prompted to “Accept/Decline Pending Roommate Requests”.
Once you have made a decision, please select “Decline” or “Confirm”:
- Confirm (Accept)
- View Profile
- Send Message
Note: The following message will appear once you accept a roommate request from another student or your requested roommate accepts your request.
“Your roommate group is fully matched.”