Lecturer of Hospitality & Tourism Management,
Sports Management, International School of Hospitality, Sports, and Tourism Management
- Current Concepts of Leadership
- Tourism Destination Management
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Research Methodology I
- Developing a Sustainability Mindset in Hospitality & Tourism
- Special Project/Thesis
- Food & Beverage Management
- Lodging Management/Rev Management
- Nutrition/Sanitation and Safety
- History & Culture of Food
- Customer Relationship Management
- Current Issues in Food Service
- Sustainable local food systems
- Local food & wine marketing
- Destination management and branding
- City branding through food
- Hospitality luxury branding
- Sustainable tourism management
- PhD, Management, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- MBA, Business Administration, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- BA, Bachelor of Arts, University of Calcutta, India
- Hotel Management (Diploma), Institute of Hotel Management, Calcutta, India
- PIDP (Diploma in Teaching), Vancouver Community College, Vancouver, Canada
- CCC (Certified Chef de Cuisine), The Canadian Culinary Institute (CCI), Canada
Dr. Hiran Roy is a Lecturer at the International School of Hospitality, Sports, and Tourism Management at Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver, Canada. Dr. Hiran Roy holds a Ph.D. in Management from the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. Prior to joining academia, he worked extensively (over 26 years) in the hospitality business industry as an Executive Chef with branded hotels on different continents. He has completed his MBA from the University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Hiran is also the recipient of the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, considered among the most prestigious awards in the world for his Ph.D. program.
His research interests include sustainable tourism, destination management, sustainable local food systems, local food marketing, city branding through food, hospitality luxury branding, gastronomy, and sustainability. Dr. Roy’s work has been published in a variety of book chapters such as Routledge, Elsevier, and Emerald and prestigious leading academic journals including Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, Journal of Foodservice Business Research, International Journal of Tourism Cities, Tourism Recreational Research, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, and Anatolia-International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research.
He is also a co-editor of the book: Tourism Destination Management in a Post-Pandemic Context: Global Issues and Destination Management Solutions (Emerald), and a lead guest editor for special issue papers for the Journal of Foodservice Business Research and Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism. In his leisure time, Dr. Roy loves travelling, swimming, hiking, biking, and playing badminton.
Important Note: Faculty profiles may include links to one or more non-FDU websites, including websites self-maintained by faculty to provide additional information about their publications, scholarly pursuits, and other information of interest. If you click on these links, you will be leaving the FDU-maintained website and will be directed to a site that is not under the control of FDU. FDU is not responsible for the content or accessibility of linked non-FDU websites. If, however, you experience a problem with the content or accessibility of a linked website, please contact us using the information on our Accessibility page.