About the School
The mission of the Hospitality and Tourism Management programs is to deliver exceptional quality in curricula and to produce world-class graduates who possess integrity and wisdom in preparation for leadership careers among culturally and commercially diverse organizations in the international hospitality and tourism industry.
Why Hospitality and Tourism Management is for you
It’s about you
- You are an entrepreneurial person who likes to work with people, lead teams, and innovate.
- You like learning by doing, studying under experienced professors, and doing practical fieldwork that is directly connected to your career.
- You want to travel, be involved with premiere restaurants and resorts, and have great places to work in some of the most beautiful places in our country.
It’s about the School
… a School that offers students a range of educational pathways with multiple entry points and exit points all designed to suit professional goals.
We are the New York metropolitan area’s oldest hospitality program and one of the oldest in the United States, founded in 1942.
Our program is currently ranked number 7 among the “Top 50 Hospitality and Hotel Management Schools in the World” [CEOWorld Magazine] and 6th among the “Best Hospitality Programs in the United States” [TheBestSchools.org].
It’s about the news
- Professors in Residence program continues the School’s professional development during the pandemic summer
- ISHTM is now designated as a member of Hotel Schools of Distinction
It’s about opportunities
Our School offers unique opportunities to work and study in the USA and abroad and for some programs a senior year involves a week abroad discovering and researching the tourism industry.
Our program’s work experience includes more than 700 internship and career track positions annually available through the International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
It’s about networking
- You will be joining over 3,300 alumni in hospitality and tourism leadership positions worldwide.
- We have a uniquely close partnership with the world’s oldest and most prestigious culinary/hospitality arts society, “The Chaîne des Rôtisseurs“, whose national headquarters are located with our School at our Florham Campus. The Chaine offers our students and graduates unique employment opportunities with some of the industry’s top leaders.
- We are the only University in New Jersey offering a student chapter of the Club Management Association of America. CMAA offers exceptional learning and career opportunities in club management ranging from general management, sales and marketing, event management, and much more.