All applications and applicable documents must be submitted and verified using the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS) for consideration to the FDU OTD program.
- Admission at the Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences operates on a rolling admissions basis for the entry level Occupational Therapy Doctorate program.
- Application review begins early fall and continues into the spring semester each year.
OTCAS Login: Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service.
Deadline: The OTCAS deadline for entering Summer 2023 is April 15, 2023
Fairleigh Dickinson University does not require a Supplemental Application.
Interview for the OTD Program
Qualified applicants will be invited for a personal interview after review of their completed OTCAS application. Interviews are scheduled through the admissions office and include a faculty lead interview and opportunity for question and answer regarding our program for the students.
Notification of Acceptance to the OTD Program
Following submission and review of application materials and subsequent interview, candidates will be notified of the admission committee’s decision.
Admission Requirements, Education
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree and the following pre-requisites:
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II 8 Credits
- Neuroscience or Brain and Behavior 3 Credits
- Lifespan Development or Human Development OR 3 Courses to include Childhood, Adolescent and Adult Development 3 Credits
- Cultural Ideas and/or Global Perspectives 3 Credits
- Medical Terminology 1-3 Credits
- Abnormal Psychology 3 Credits
- Statistics 3 Credits
- English Composition 3 Credits
- Humanities 3 Credits
Average expected undergraduate GPA is a 3.0
Admission Requirements, Observation Hours
Applicants are asked to complete a total of 55 observations hours in two or more healthcare or community settings (e.g., hours cannot all be completed with pediatrics). Your OTCAS application has a specific form in which to document your observation hours. This can include observation hours already completed as well as those in progress.
Admission Requirements, Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation will be required which may be provided from employers, supervisors, professors, or others who may be able to reflect on the applicant’s professional and educational achievements and potential. These letters should be on formal letterhead and include the reference’s contact information (i.e., e-mail address, phone number, or both). These letters should be uploaded via the OTCAS application.
The OTD Program does not grant prospective or enrolled OT students a waiver of required coursework or advanced placement. Students are required to complete all semesters in their sequenced order and cannot advance in the curriculum without completing all components.