Reporting a Florham Housing Maintenance Issue
To report non-emergency furniture and appliance issues, please email email@example.com.
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To report general maintenance and repair issues; such as plumbing, electricity, lighting, floors, doors, walls, windows, doors, heating/air conditioning and general cleanliness in your residence hall room/apartment, please call the Facilities Department at 973-443-8926.
Holidays, after-hours and Weekends
To report a holiday, after-hours and weekend emergency maintenance issue; such as plumbing, electricity, lighting, floors, doors, walls, windows, doors, heating/air conditioning and general cleanliness in your residence hall room/apartment, please call Office of Public Safety at 973-443-8888.
For problems with University computer systems, wireless, data jacks and cable TV, please contact the Computing Services help desk at 973-443-8822 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For problems with locks in the residence halls, please call the Locksmith at 973-443-8894 or Office of Public Safety at 973-443-8888 (for after-hours and weekend/holiday issues). You may also submit a work order here.
For all ID issues, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., please visit the Housing Office in the Student Center.
For all ID issues, after-hours, weekends and Holidays please visit the Office of Public Safety.
To report a problem with residence hall laundry equipment, please submit it via “Maintenance Requests” under the More Tasks tab in your MyHousing. Be sure to include the machine’s license plate # (Example: 360-FZD). You can also submit a work order directly to our laundry service company, CoinMatch.
To report insect, bugs, pest issues within your room/hall please call the Facilities Department at 973-443-8926.
To report general maintenance and repair issue with the common area please call the Facilities Department at 973-443-8926.
How to Submit A Maintenance Issue
1. Log into your MyHousing Portal.
2. Click the More Tasks Tab, then click the Maintenance Reports link.
3. Under the Submit a New Maintenance Request heading, click the drop down box to select the hall you live in. Once you select your Hall, the rest of the form appears on the screen.
4. Select your Room Number from the drop down list.
5. Select the Category of the problem you are reporting.
6. Type in a Problem Title and Problem Description. Be brief but clear with your Problem Title. Be sure to explain exactly what is happening in the Problem Description. The more details you can give, the easier it will be for our maintenance staff to find and correct the issue. Please do not combine multiple problems into one submission. When done, click Submit.
7. Your work order has been submitted. You will notice that the work order you just opened will be at the top of the screen under the heading Maintenance Requests.
Checking on the Status of Open Work Orders
You will be able to check the status of any work orders you have open by returning to this screen. You can return to this screen by following steps 1 – 3 above. You will notice that all work orders you have opened will be at the top of the screen under the heading Maintenance Requests.
When you first create a work order, the status will be Just Reported. There are five statuses shown below. Our maintenance staff will change the status of a work order depending upon which stage of the resolution process they are at.
If a part has to be ordered or when the work order is complete, maintenance will mark the work order accordingly and write notes, view-able by the student, letting them know the status of their work order.