Florham Campus Housing Office & Residence Life
We are excited that you are joining us in the residence halls for the 2023-2024 academic year!
All students must present a valid photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID, FDU ID, or Passport) at check-in.
- International Students – Tuesday, August 22, 2023
- New Domestic Students– Thursday, August 24, 2023
- All Returning Students– Sunday, August 27, 2023
Move-in will take place in the Student Center at Florham and at the Student Union Building for Metro from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm on your designated day.
The address to the campus is: (this is the best address to use in your GPS)
285 Madison Avenue, Madison, NJ 07940 for Florham
860 SUB Lane, Teaneck, NJ 07666 for Metro
**You are strongly advised you to select an early arrival timeslot on your check-in day. If you require additional assistance with Financial Clearance (Enrollment Services) or Medical Clearance (Student Health Services), an early timeslot will allow you the required time to be processed by Enrollment Services & Student Health before checking into your room. The check-in stations will close promptly at 3pm. Students that select a timeslot closer to an hour before closing time risk being unable to be assisted if they require Financial and/or Medical clearance.
Move-in appointment (Florham Campus Only):
Starting from August 1, all students must log in to MyHousing to select a move-in time frame. This process has been implemented to streamline and organize the move-in experience for students. We kindly request that residents adhere to their designated time slots to minimize congestion and reduce traffic in key locations on campus. By adhering to this system, we aim to enhance efficiency and ensure a smoother flow of traffic for everyone involved in the move-in process.
Things to Remember:
FDU ID Card:
- The ID Card access system in the residence halls requires the use of your FDU ID Card. New Students will receive their FDU ID Card during the check-in process on their move-in day. Returning Students should bring their current FDU ID Card on their move-in day for activation after check-in.
Room Assignment & Roommate Information:
- If you have a roommate assigned at this time, you can view their contact information by logging into MyHousing, where you can also verify your room assignment.
Optional Services Available to Students: Please use the links below to review the information and/or place an order:
- Personal Property Insurance – https://www.nssi.com/get-started
- FDU 1 Card – www.fairleigh1card.com
- Ordering Linens – http://www.ocm.com/fdt
- Microfridge Rental – www.mymicrofridge.com
First Floor Meeting:
- All residents are required to attend their floor or building meetings. The first meeting is especially important as it will be the first time you meet the residents of your floor or building. Please check for flyers in your building advertising the location of your floor/building meeting.
- First Year Students,Thursday, August 24 at 5:00 pm
- Returning Students, Sunday, August 27 at 7:00 pm
Cancelations or Withdrawals:
- If you have decided not to reside on-campus or attend Fairleigh Dickinson University this upcoming academic year, and we hope this is not the case, please log in to your MyHousing account to complete a Cancellation Request Application today.
- We are not able to receive early arrivals, so please plan accordingly. You must check in on your official move-in day during the designated times. Residents arriving before their official move-in day will need to make arrangements at a local hotel until their move-in day.
Student Employees and In-Season Athletes:
- Student employees from select departments/offices (only), and in-season athletes approved for an early arrival should contact their sponsoring department directly, not Housing and Residence Life, to verify if their name will be included on the early arrival list.
Financial and Medical Clearance:
- Medical Clearance: All First-Year & New Students and first-time resident students will require medical clearance from FDU Student Health Services before moving into the residence halls. Please make sure all your required medical documents are submitted to Student Health Services before your move-in day.
- Financial Clearance: All students must obtain financial clearance before moving to the Office of Enrollment Services residence halls.
Prohibited and Restricted Items:
- Certain items are prohibited in the residence halls for safety and security purposes. The item may be returned to the student to take home whenever possible. After the item is returned, should it be found in the student’s room again, it will become University property and be discarded. Review list of Prohibited and Restricted Items.