Student Records

Academic student records (declaration of candidacy for graduation, change of address)

Enrollment services (FAQ’s, bills, grades)

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

The education records of students who are 18 years of age or older are protected by federal regulation (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act or FERPA). Students may sign a FERPA Consent Form in the Dean of Students Office, specifying to whom the University may release protected information, such as grades or bills. This will permit the University staff to share information about your student’s education record with you. It does not mean that the University will contact you if your student is experiencing academic difficulty.

The University makes students aware through Orientation, the Student Handbook, Freshman Seminar, the Website and other means of the many academic support services available to them. As young adults, students are expected to avail themselves of these resources as needed. If you are uncertain or concerned about your student’s academic progress, you should contact the Dean of Students Office for assistance.