Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering; Coordinator, Information Technology Program; Director, Center for Cybersecurity & Information Assurance
Gildart-Haase School of Computer Science and Engineering
- Linear Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- DSP with C on DSP Processors
- Microcontroller-based System Design
- Electrical Energy Conversion Systems
- Power Systems
- Advanced Engineering Programming
- VLSI Systems
- Integrated Circuit Devices
- Information Technology Capstone Project
- Internship/Work Experience
- Non-uniform Sampling and Fourier Transform
- Generalized Comb Filters
- Secure Microcontroller-based Embedded System Design
- Secure Coding
- Multi-stage Decimator Designs for Sigma-Delta A/D Converters
- Aperture Functions for Sparse Arrays in Ultrasound Scanners
- BSc (First Class Honors in Physics), University of Calcutta, India
- BTech, Institute of Radiophysics & Electronics, University of Calcutta, India
- MTech with Systems and Computers Specialization, University of Calcutta, India
- PhD, University of California, Santa Barbara
Since joining academia after a long stint of industrial R&D, I always feel that our students must get the latest and greatest information on the subject matter they are learning. Therefore, I have enhanced existing courses, introduced new ones, and new lab exercises using hardware and software tools prevalent in the academia and industry.
Digital Signal Processing has been a key driver of speech and video processing technologies for the last few decades. It also happens to be the backbone of our modern digital communication systems. Students not only learn the rigors of analytical techniques but also modeling, simulation, hardware development, and coding of processors. As such this field and its associated knowledge domains are very useful.
My strong interest in engineering and computing and student welfare has led me to enhance our existing information technology program, introduce and nurture information technology program at our Vancouver campus, and develop several 5-year degree programs. I help our engineering, technology, and information technology programs get ABET-accredited or retain it.
I have been fortunate to lead our University in getting the Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) designated by NSA & DHS. That led to the development of a new MS degree program in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance. We were awarded over $300 k by NSA for developing cyber exercises for multiple courses and propose new courses.
Our students are benefitting from the FDU’s CAE-CDE designation. Currently, four FDU undergraduate students in both the NJ campuses are enjoying the status of DoD Cyber Scholar with all the monetary, internship, and job benefits associated with them. We are developing new lab exercises as part of the Capacity Building associated with the DoD Cyber Scholarship program. We continue developing and offering new courses in this important area to train our students properly to fill the critical shortage of trained personnel.
Important Note: Faculty profiles may include links to one or more non-FDU websites, including websites self-maintained by faculty to provide additional information about their publications, scholarly pursuits, and other information of interest. If you click on these links, you will be leaving the FDU-maintained website and will be directed to a site that is not under the control of FDU. FDU is not responsible for the content or accessibility of linked non-FDU websites. If, however, you experience a problem with the content or accessibility of a linked website, please contact us using the information on our Accessibility page.