Professor of Computer Science, Chair, Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics, Florham Campus
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Discrete Structures
- Data Structures
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Improving the representation of minority students in STEM with a focus on computer science
- Approaches for developing STEM courses, with a focus on computer science courses, pedagogies, curricula, practices, and strategies for change.
- PhD, The City University of New York
- MSc, The City University of New York
- MSc, Columbia University, New York
My research interests span the areas of data mining and machine learning, culturally relevant pedagogy related to STEM with a focus on Computer Science, developing strategies for the recruitment and retention of women and underrepresented students in Computer Science, and Active Learning. My research efforts have resulted in journal and conference proceeding publications, and a book chapter, for which I am a co-author, in the book titled: “Culturally Responsive Strategies for Reforming STEM Higher Education: Turning the TIDES on Inequity”. 2019. The first book of its kind, focusing on culturally relevant pedagogy in postsecondary STEM education.
During the past 13 years, I have successfully acquired funding from external organizations to support several initiatives. This includes a grant from NCWIT with support from Microsoft, to fund a Tier-based mentoring program to attract and retain women and minority students in Computer Science. I was also Co-PI on a grant from The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) funded by the Helmsley Foundation, to Increase Diversity and Equity in STEM (TIDES).
I am currently leading the effort to recruit and retain underrepresented students in computer science at FDU-Florham, which is supported by a grant from NCWIT.
I am a founding member of the Center for Cybersecurity and Information Assurance at FDU and currently serve as a member of the University Committee for Cybersecurity & Information Assurance.