The MBA in Leadership and Managing Innovation is designed for students who wish to develop the interpersonal and management skills needed to advance to levels of leadership in their companies, as well as develop a long-term perspective and value system which will serve them their entire careers. Students in the program will improve their skills in managing people and organizational systems, build their leadership capabilities, and become well versed in team building and employee motivation. The program builds knowledge of how business strategy affects organizational interaction with the marketplace and how to structure the workplace to enhance organizational growth and productivity.
Course Offerings Emphasize
- An approach to classroom instruction that fully engages the student in the learning process
- Concentration on knowledge and skill sets that are practical and useable
- A global perspective that emphasizes ethics and long-term sustainable business practices
- The use of team-based teaching and learning
It is our goal that our Leadership and Managing Innovation majors will:
- Receive solid conceptual grounding in management disciplines
- Develop competencies to become highly effective individually and with others
- Develop and demonstrate these competencies with hands-on learning, including work on real-world consulting projects and service to the community
- Undergo rigorous assessment of their overall accomplishments
- Enter a fast track to successful and rewarding careers
Our expert faculty combine scholarship, business experience and teaching excellence to help students become more aware of the challenges that face global business leaders and develop the tools, competencies, and long-range mindset needed to meet these challenges. Our management curriculum emphasizes a strategic orientation towards managing people, leading individuals and organizations through times of change, and work on actual human resources/organizational development consulting projects. We also promote the values of ethical leadership and sustainable business practices.
An MBA in Leadership and Managing Innovation can be used to pursue a wide variety of career opportunities. Those already employed in technical areas of business can use their management degrees to pursue managerial and leadership tracks in their companies. Students can also use their applied knowledge to pursue careers in management consulting or in mid-to-upper level managerial positions.
Leadership and Managing Innovation Specialization Requirements
In addition to the core curriculum, students wanting a specialization in leadership and managing innovation take three discipline enrichment courses:
- MGMT 6605 Leadership Development
- ENTR 6606 Creating and Managing Breakthrough Innovation
- MGMT 6607 Leading Strategic Change and Sustainability
Contact the SCB Graduate Advising offices for more information.
Silberman College of Business is accredited by AACSB International.