Residents assume the liability for damage to any personal items. The University is not liable for the replacement or repair of personal items that are damaged while the student resides on campus. The University encourages every Resident to have insurance coverage for personal property and liability while they live on campus.

Renters and similar insurance products are available from most insurance companies. National Student Service, Inc., is a company offering insurance coverage for personal items and specializes in student coverage while away at college. Please note that this company is not formally endorsed by the University. The University does not receive any benefit if a student chooses to use this company. This company is simply one example of a provider. For more information, you can visit their website at