Veterans Launching Ventures
Registration is closed for the Fall 2021 Veterans Launching Ventures entrepreneurship class. Please check back for Spring 2022 registration updates.
There is a maximum of 50 students in the class. Once the class has been filled, registrants will be placed on a waitlist.
About Veterans Launching Ventures (VLV)
Veterans Launching Ventures is a certificate course for veterans and their families who are ready to meet their next challenge, and want to start or grow a business but in need of some guidance.
If you’re a veteran, and the idea of being an entrepreneur excites you, Veterans Launching Ventures (VLV) is for you.
You will graduate from the course knowing:
- fundamental entrepreneurial skills needed in today’s business environment
- the competencies you need to launch your new business
- how to build a robust marketing plan
- how to develop financial projections for your new business
- how to develop a comprehensive business plan so you can make an informed decision about the feasibility of starting your new business
- sharpen presentation skills
- how to develop an operations plan
- how to develop fundraising strategies
What makes VLV a great opportunity for veterans?
- VLV will give you the skills and support you need to seize entrepreneurial opportunities and launch a small business.
- Veterans enjoy a supportive collegial environment with other veterans.
- Each veteran is matched with his or her own consultant for individual guidance and support during the program. Consultants are successful entrepreneurs themselves.
- Each consultant will continue to assist / guide the veteran for a period of ten months following the completion of the course.
What to expect for the course
At the first face-to-face session there will be an evening introductory workshop. You will be assigned a consultant, and meet him or her in person. Your consultant will be available for help and consultations throughout the course, and up to ten months after the course ends.
- Face-to-face workshops meet from 6 PM to 9 PM.
- Face-to-face workshops are held either online; or on the Florham Campus in Madison, NJ or the Metropolitan Campus in Teaneck, NJ. The location varies depending on demand. Check the dates and locations on the application form.
- Attendance at all workshop sessions and graduation day is required.
- A light meal will be served at each in-person session.
- Access to the use of a computer and internet is required.
- The syllabus is available upon request.
- During the last two weeks of the course, you will finalize your business plan presentations with the assistance of instructors and consultants.
On the final day of the program, students will present their business plans to faculty and consultants, followed by a graduation reception.
VLV is generously funded by Bank of America, Hyde & Watson Foundation, Jesra Foundation, SCORE and TD Charitable Foundation, and is free to all who successfully complete the requirements.
Veterans Launching Ventures is a course offered by the Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, part of Silberman College of Business of Fairleigh Dickinson University.