NIH Proposal Toolkit
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) requires all proposal applications to be submitted electronically via Grants.gov. The Grants Office will download your application package and work collaboratively with you to ensure that you submit a highly competitive proposal. Links are provided below to forms and information that will assist you in preparing your grant application.
Proposal Procedures and Guidelines
Grant Writing Tips Sheets
Guides and Tip Sheets from various NIH Institutes for preparing grant proposals.
NIH Sample Applications and Summary Statements
- Find NIH Sample Applications and Summary Statements, including NIH and NIAID sample forms, sharing plans, letters, emails and more.
NIH Training Videos
- NIH How to Apply – Video Tutorials include a 4-part series to walk you through the basics of preparing, writing, and submitting your application.
- NIH Podcasts on a variety of topics including The NIH Grants Process, Peer Review, NIH Policy, Extramural Inventions and Technology Resources, and the NIH RePORT tool of data and statistics.
Other NIH Resources
- NIH Grant Types
- NIH Completed Sample Forms
- NIH Grants Policy Statement
- NIH Peer Review Guidelines
- NIH Proposal Style Sheet
- NIH Helping to Prepare Biomedical Research Workforce
- NIH Guide to Grants and Contracts