Summer Studies for Middle and High School Students
Summer Pre-College Program
For students in grades 10 to 12. Earn up to twelve college credits in one month. Two-week sessions begin each summer. Pursue your passion and focus on one or two courses of study in each two-week program offered on both our Metropolitan and Florham campuses.
The many engaging and challenging courses offered include:
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics 1: Sensing and Guidance
- Drone Technology: Mastering Flight Dynamics and Coding
- Pre-Medical Professions and the Health Sciences
- Wall Street Careers: An Introduction to Financial Markets and Trading
Summer Junior Pre-College Program
For students in grades 7 to 9. Get a taste of the college experience in exciting and challenging non-credit courses. Two-week sessions begin each summer. Discover your academic interests and focus on one or two courses of study in each two-week program offered on both our Metropolitan and Florham campuses.
The many interesting and rigorous courses offered include:
- Discovering Physics and the Universe
- AI and Robotics I: Coding to Navigate
- Introduction to Applied Engineering and Design
- Introduction to Studio Photography and Lighting
Summer Teaching Academy
The Summer Teaching Academy is an exciting, two-week-long immersion program in teaching offered at no charge by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s School of Education to encourage rising high school seniors who are considering a teaching career.
It features an exciting, hands-on approach to teaching, with a special focus on fun and interactive activities for teaching mathematics and science.
Participants in the Summer Teaching Academy will:
- Teach an actual lesson to campers attending FDU’s Camp Discovery (grades 1 to 7)
- Work in the School of Education’s state-of-the-art Prototype Classroom to create a multimedia presentation/podcast about their summer experience
- Present their podcast
Students also receive a certificate of completion in recognition of their involvement.
To be considered for the program, interested applicants must:
- Submit an application and two letters of recommendations
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or better on a scale of 4.0
- Write a short essay on why they want to be a teacher.
For more information please download the brochure for Summer Teaching Academy.
Leader in Training Program for Pre-Teens and Teens
An exciting program for students entering Grades 8-9, offering real-life leadership experience while building critical skills in team building, conflict management, group dynamics, organization and more. Includes terrific field trips in New York and New Jersey! [Read more]
College Prep Program for High School Students with Learning Disabilities
- Download Summer Experience Brochure
- Download Summer Experience Application
- Download Regional Center Summer Exp Brochure
- Download Regional Center Summer Exp Application
Discover Busine$$ and Foreign Language Teen Camp
Are you entering grades 9-12 and interested in this program, [Read more]