Alcohol and Drug Education
Here at Fairleigh Dickinson University we believe that the irresponsible use of alcohol and drugs is a threat to our students’ success. We address this concern in several different ways to protect and educate those who choose to, as well as those who choose not to, drink alcohol.
- Counseling Services at the Florham Campus offers personal, confidential counseling and recovery assistance for students experiencing substance abuse problems.
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor on staff
- Member of Morris County Prevention
- Member of the New Jersey Higher Education Consortium on Alcohol and other Drug Prevention and Education
- Alcohol & Drug Education Programs including but not limited to the following:
- Individual substance use assessment and counseling
- CHOICES alcohol education groups
- RA training
- Orientation programs
- Parent awareness
- Alcohol and marijuana tutorials
- Various National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week programs
- Safe Spring Break program
- Wellness Fair
- Freshman seminar presentations
- Co-sponsorship of Greek Substance Prevention programs
- Co-sponsorship of Student Life Prevention programs
- Co-sponsorship of Athletic Substance Prevention programs
Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Florham Campus policies regarding standards of conduct, prohibition of unlawful possession, use, or distribution of alcohol and drugs, and imposition of sanctions for violation of these standards, are published online in the Student Handbook, which is updated annually.