On-Campus Resources for Students

Academic Support Center

The Academic Support Center (ASC) provides free one-on-one tutoring to all current undergraduate and graduate students at FDU. Subjects tutored include but are not limited to:

  • English/Writing
  • Math
  • Science
  • Languages
  • Computers
  • Business
  • Social Sciences

Students with documented disabilities are encouraged to incorporate tutoring sessions into their weekly schedule.

For questions related to the Academic Support Center please contact Florham’s office at 973-443-8538 or Metropolitan’s office at 201-692-2076.

Student Counseling and Psychological Services (S-CAPS)

Student Counseling and Psychological Services complements the academic experience of the student body by facilitating healthy personal, social, and intellectual development of FDU’s students. Life circumstances, skills deficits, and/or mental health problems may at times interfere with a student’s ability to successfully achieve important academic and life goals. S-CAPS’ unique environment and role allow them to help students identify their problems, manage their emotions, learn new problem-solving skills, and successfully meet the academic and social challenges of university life. This is accomplished by offering:

  • counseling, diagnostic evaluation, psychotherapy, advocacy, and mental health referrals
  • developmental, preventative, and remedial counseling to university students
  • consultation, educational, and training services to the university community
  • experiential workshops on essential life skills (i.e., assertiveness, stress management, sleep, hygiene)

For questions related to S-CAPS please contact Florham’s office at 973-443-8504 or Metropolitan’s office at 201-692-2174.

Student Health Services

Student Health Services (SHS) is a campus resource and service center for all students at Fairleigh Dickinson University. SHS’ goal is to keep students well, help students get the care they need when they are not, and empower them to make informed decisions about their health. In addition, students will learn

  • how to deal with an illness or injury
  • how to recognize when they need to seek help for a health problem
  • how to become an effective healthcare consumer so that they can make informed decisions
  • where to get information to assist them in making informed healthcare decisions

Student Health Services provides direct care, individual health counseling, and health teaching. Small group workshops on students’ common health interests occur throughout the year. All registered students can receive health care services, including students who have waived the University’s insurance.

For questions related to Student Health Services please contact Florham’s office at 973-443-8535 or Metropolitan’s office at 201-692-2437.