What To Do If You Are Sick
COVID-19 Operations Notice
For the health and safety of everyone at FDU, face masks must be worn in our office at all times. All students will require an appointment to be seen by our staff. Please call 201-692-2437 to schedule one. You will not be seen without an appointment.
Please expect to answer a few screening questions in order to determine the type of appointment that is needed.
Stay well with SHSMetro!
Student Health Services (SHSMetro) wants to inform students that as you begin to spend more time in group settings there may be an increased risk for illness.
There are some proactive things you can do to help avoid getting sick. Many viruses and diseases are spread simply by not washing hands with soap and water especially after using the bathroom.
- Wash your hands after every use of the bathroom, before eating and while you are ill. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Clean common surfaces shared with other persons in your environment such as doorknobs, faucets, hand towel dispensers, computers, phones, etc.
- Always cough or sneeze into your elbow.
If you should develop an illness:
- Notify Student Health Services by visiting our office if you are able or call us at (201) 692-2437.
- Notify each of your professors ASAP in case you are absent from class.
- Resident students should notify their RA’s.
Student Health Services is open Monday-Friday from 9:00-5:00 PM. After hours or on weekends, call Public Safety at (201) 692-2222 if you become severely ill. Public Safety can contact emergency services to assist you if necessary and/or notify SHSMetro of your condition.
Again, contacting Student Health Services is very important so we can provide support services as needed depending on your situation. SHSMetro may need to coordinate your care by providing advocacy with your professors, contacting Food Services for take-out meals if necessary, arranging for Facilities to provide extra cleaning services, etc.
SHSMetro supports you when you need it most!