Vancouver Services for Employers
Get Involved with FDU
Do you want to come on campus, participate in on-campus recruiting, an information session, career fair, or just have general questions about Career Services?
Contact the FDU Vancouver Campus Career Services office at 604-648-4402 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairleigh Dickinson University uses Handshake to manage job postings, career fairs, on-campus interviews, etc.
Do you have a great internship, part-time, or full-time position and you would like to hire Fairleigh Dickinson University students/alumni? With excellent academic programs, students, and graduates we are more than happy to assist you with your hiring needs.
Within Handshake, employers may:
- Post jobs and internships.
- Request and schedule on-campus interviews
- Register for career fairs and learn about other events
To register, go to the Handshake registration page
All postings must support the mission of Career Services by providing career-related and ethical opportunities for further growth and understanding. To ensure the quality of services and to protect students, alumni, and staff all postings must abide by the below policies. If a company or opportunity cannot support the mission or breach any policy, the use of services may be terminated.
All job and company descriptions must be accurate and truthful.
Organizations and their representatives must provide a valid company email address, contact information, and location.
The views and affiliations of political organizations posting positions through Handshake DO NOT represent the views and affiliations of Fairleigh Dickinson University.
The Career Services offices will not post in Handshake:
- Positions requiring any upfront fees, donations, or costs from applicants.
- Direct marketing positions.(i.e. phone-selling)
- Postings from multi-level marketing companies. (i.e. utilizing a “downline” or “pyramid” strategy)
- Postings for commission-only employment. Positions may be listed as “base salary + commission” if it is stated as such in the job description.
- Postings requiring a release of personal information at the time of application such as social security numbers, bank account information, etc.
- Positions for personal services out of a private residence (i.e. tutor, nanny, driver, yard work, etc.)
- Modeling positions.
Third-party recruiters must identify themselves as a third party recruiter as well as provide the name of their organization, and valid contact information.
All job postings from third-party recruiters:
- Must clearly state if the posting is for their organization or a client’s.
- Must provide accurate job descriptions and include a specific client name and location.
- Must abide by the “Posting Policies” and “Additional Policies” as outlined above.
Any of the following may result in removal from the job posting
- Harassment of current FDU students, alumni, or staff.
- Misrepresentation- dishonesty or absence of information.
- Breach of confidentiality as defined by FERPA or any misuse of student information.
- All company, job, and internship postings are subject to approval. Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Career Services office reserves the right to refuse a posting if any of the above policies are breached or there are any violations of local, state, or federal law.