Mechanical Engineering Technology Minor
(for non-mechanical engineering technology majors)
The minor in Mechanical Engineering Technology consist of 15 credits and is relevant to students with appropriate mathematics and science backgrounds. This minor provides students with the fundamental aspects of Mechanical Engineering Technology, and it can bring them additional employment opportunities and career options.
Required Courses (12 Credits)
- EGTM2232 Mechanical Measurement and Devices
- EGTM2230 Manufacturing Process
- EGTM3248 Mechanical Technology Design I
- EGTM3250 Mechanical Technology Design II
Elective Courses (3 Credits)
With the approval of the academic advisor, students may take other higher-level EGTG or ETGM courses as electives.
- EGTG2221 Statics
- EGTG2228 Strength of Materials
- EGTG3351 Applied Thermodynamics
- EGTG3431 Dynamics
- EGTG4224 Process and Electro/Mech. Control Systems Technology
- EGTG4225 Industrial Automation
- EGTG4254 Fluid Mechanics
- EGTM4356 Stress and Vibration Analysis
To take any course in the minor, a student must meet all prerequisites for that course.