Call for Nominations
February 6 Message
To: The University Community
From: Rose D’Ambrosio, Vice President of Human Resources
Date: February 6, 2023
Re: Pillar Awards – Call for Nominations
The Pillar Society of Fairleigh Dickinson University was instituted in 2001 by President Michael Adams to recognize those exceptional individuals who, over time, have made extraordinary contributions to the character and quality of the University, its community and culture.
Below are the criteria:
- Individual has served at FDU in a non-faculty role for at least ten years at the time of nomination.
- Individuals below the rank of Assistant Vice President, Associate Vice President or Vice President.
- Individual demonstrates a keen understanding of FDU’s mission and history.
- Individual promotes civility on campus.
- Individual serves as a role model for other FDU employees and students.
- Individual demonstrates high level of concern for students and other members of the University community.
- Individual should be actively involved in the FDU community above and beyond his/her specific job requirements.
The recipients will be presented with a $1000 check, a personalized plaque, and an FDU pin. The presentation is made at Academic Convocation in the fall for the New Jersey campuses, and at the Vancouver Campus Pre-Commencement Dinner.
In addition, Pillar recipients are invited to participate in the commencement ceremony procession.
At this time, the University is calling for Pillar nominations. Please refer to the required nomination form. Nomination forms must be completed directly from the website and upon submission will be automatically sent to the Office of Human Resources.
Nominations will be accepted up to March 31, 2023 at 5:00 PM.