Mission and vision
The mission of FDU’s School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is to create a values-based, student-centered learning experience that prepares graduates who are committed to improving the health of individuals and populations through leadership roles in pharmacy practice, health care research, and related health care fields.
Our Pharmacy Program vision is to prepare future pharmacists for diverse roles across the health care continuum through a culture of learning, scholarship, innovation, advocacy, and leadership.
- THINK critically, analyze data, detect and solve problems on a path through lifelong learning.
- COMMUNICATE knowledge, skills and the confidence to practice pharmacy as an ethical professional and leader.
- ADVOCATE and participate as a team member on an interdisciplinary team that may consist of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, ethicists, other health professionals, and patients.
- LEAD for individual patients and patient populations through the practice of pharmacy.
- IMPLEMENT safe and effective medication therapy management that individualizes patient care and ensures adherence, and supports the ideas of prevention and wellness.
New Jersey’s First Pharmacy School Associated with a Private University
Located in the heart of the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, Fairleigh Dickinson University’s School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Morris County, New Jersey, has unveiled a dynamic curriculum incorporating technology, a global perspective and a focus on the future of health care.
The time is right for an innovative approach to pharmacy education because revolutionary developments are changing the field. The role of the pharmacist is expanding following health care reform legislation and the advent of personalized medicine. Pharmacists are increasingly charged with roles of medication safety experts, public health officials, scientists, clinicians, communicators, managers, and patient advocates across many areas of the health care community.
Only the second pharmacy school in the state of New Jersey, FDU’s School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers a variety of classroom, lab, and experiential opportunities to meet the learning styles of today’s students and prepare them for exciting and successful careers in the 21st century.
About Pharmacy at FDU
The School’s dynamic program of study integrates the very best practices in pharmacy education today. Students will:
- Have the option to specialize in a concentrated area of study and earn a masters-level degree concurrently with the PharmD degree.
- Participate in new partnerships with pharmacy leaders in industry, retail, government, and hospitals who will provide mentoring, guidance, and resources.
- Benefit from the strengths of a small college environment, yet learn from top-tier faculty in new facilities specifically designed for the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.