Transfer Credit Evaluation

How do I receive transfer credit?

  1. Apply to FDU.
  2. If you studied at a non-U.S. university, obtain a WES evaluation. Allow 3-4 weeks for processing.
  3. Your university must submit your official transcript with an English translation (if applicable) to our office.

For students who have IB higher level exams, British A-levels, or AP exams: a WES evaluation is NOT required. Please submit all official exam results to our office as soon as you are able to.

How do I apply for a WES evaluation?

  1. Visit
  2. Select “For Students
  3. Select “Order a Credential Evaluation”
  4. Select your country on the drop-down menu
  5. Select “Apply Now” under “For use in the U.S.”
  6. “Create an Account” as instructed
  7. Select your county – check what documents you must send
    1. Enter your educational information
    2. Provide your post-secondary information (do not include your high school documents)
    3. Go to the next screen
  8. Enter “Purpose – to continue my education”
    1. Select “Comprehensive Course by Course Evaluation” (You are responsible for the $160 evaluation fee)
    2. Select “Add Recipient
  9. Select “Educational Institution
  10. Enter “Fairleigh” and search
  11. Select “Fairleigh Dickinson University NJ”
  12. Select “Teaneck-Hackensack Campus- Office of International Admissions” department
  13. Check the turnaround time  (7-day service should be sufficient; send by regular mail)
  14. Choose your payment method, and you’re all set!

How will I know which credits will transfer?

  • Transfer credits are at the academic departments’ discretion and are not guaranteed.
  • The course must be comparable in content and depth to a similar course at FDU. Generally, you must have obtained a “C”/(2.0) or better in all eligible classes.For transfer applicants with an Associate’s Degree: “C-“or “D” grades may be considered as a “Free Elective”  (not academic credit, major course, or general education course).
  • Your previous GPA does not transfer.


Applicants from a foreign university:

  • Fall (August) semester: July 1
  • Spring (January) semester: December 1
  • Summer semester (limited programs): May 1

Applicants from a U.S. university:

  • Fall (August) semester: August 1
  • Spring (January) semester: January 1
  • Summer semester (limited programs): May 1

Admissions are rolling. Please allow 3-4 weeks to process your application.

Deadlines may vary according to program. Please check your desired major’s department website for more details.

Contact Information

The Office of International Admissions

1000 River Rd., T-KB1-01
Teaneck, NJ 07666 USA