Weather Closing Information
Especially during winter storms, safety may require closing of FDU campuses for a day or portion of a day. Every effort will be made to have morning closing information available before 6 AM. The resources on this page will also be activated for other situations where one or both New Jersey campuses may have altered schedules: local power outages, emergencies, or even a visit from a dignitary or celebrity.
To find out whether the University is open / closed / delayed-opening / early-dismissal:
Receive Notification from FDU Alert System
- voice messages to any number(s) you specify: your cell phone, your family at home or work, etc.
- text messages to the smartphone numbers that you list
- email messages to the email address that you list
Sign up or update your profile online at the FDU Alert Status web page.
Make a Phone Call
- Call a number below to receive campus-specific information.
- Florham Campus
- Switchboard: 973-443-8500
- 411 Information: 973-443-8100 and enter 411#
- Recorded Message: 973-443-8000
- Metropolitan Campus
- Switchboard: 201-692-2000
- 411 Information: 201-692-7600 and enter 411#
- Recorded Message: 201-692-7000
- Call a faculty-member’s individual number to receive specific information on your classes. Find faculty phone numbers in the online Directory. A link to the directory is also at the top of most web pages.
Visit the www.fdu.edu website home page
- A banner will indicate any delayed opening or closing information.
- The Read More button will link to this page for additional information.
Faculty are encouraged to put messages on their voice mail and inform students in their classes to call that extension for information specific to that class.