Your Fairleigh 1 Card is the most important card that you will have at the University – vital for accessing services. Please protect your card and carry it with you at all times.
Building & Door Access
Used as a key to access the exterior door of your residence hall, suites, and room door.
Residents can enjoy access to all dining facilities with their Fairleigh 1Card via their Meal Plan. The Fairleigh 1Card is accepted at all on campus locations and several local off campus eateries.
Check out materials at the library using the bar code on your card.
Enter the Fitness Center and use sports equipment on premises.
On Campus Events
Present your Fairleigh 1 Card to attend campus events.
1 Card Cash
Make cashless purchases at accepting locations on both campuses and at popular restaurants and service providers in the neighborhood.
Each residence hall is equipped with multiple washers and dryers for student use. Most floors in the Twomblys, Rutherford Hall, and Park Avenue have floor laundry rooms. The smaller Village Residence Halls have one laundry room located on the first floor of each building. The machines are free of charge to residents. We ask that students only use liquid detergent or laundry pods when using campus washers.
To report a problem with residence hall laundry equipment, please submit an email to the Housing Office at FDUHousing@fdu.edu.
All mail and packages can be picked up in the Mail Room located in the lower level of the Mansion. Students are notified that they have mail via their FDU Webmail Account. The Mail Room is open 8AM-5PM Monday – Friday.
Your FDU Address
285 Madison Ave
Madison, NJ 07940
Hall Name & Room #
There is a cable outlet provided in each residence hall room and/or suite. It is active immediately upon your arrival. You do not need to request that the service be activated or deactivated. To access the system, students must have TVs that are 256QAM (Quadrature Amplitude Modulation) capable. Most TV’s manufactured after 2008 and all after 2010 should be capable of meeting this standard and able to pick up all the digital channels. You should verify the specifications when you purchase your TV; it must be 256QAM capable.
How To Setup Your TV
- Make sure your TV is plugged into a working electrically outlet.
- Connect one end of you RF cable to the rooms CATV wall jack.
- Connect the other end to your TV’s RF or VHF in jack.
- Perform a channel scan on your TV to ensure you are viewing all the available channels.
The specific details on how to auto program or auto tune your TV will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and from model to model. It is best to refer to the owner’s manual of your TV. Most TVs will take between 20-45 minutes to complete this function.
Using the TVs remote control follow these steps as closely as possible:
- Press the “Power” button to turn on the TV
- Press the “Menu” Button
- Select “Set-Up”
- Select “Antenna” then “Cable”
- Select “Auto Program/Auto Tune/Channel scan” then “OK”
Cable Channel Listing
To report a cable service issue, residents must contact the UTAC (University Technical Assistance Center) Help Desk via one of the following methods:
- By calling (973) 443-UTAC (University Technical Assistance Center) or (973) 443-8822.
- By email at FDUTAC@fdu.edu
The University provides each residence hall room with limited data ports to access the local area network (LAN). We continue to build out our wireless (Wi-Fi) network to be the primary method of connectivity in the residence hall. This provides access to the internet and university network resources from the residence halls.
- To access our wireless network, FDU-Secure, from a laptop or desktop computer, please follow the instructions at https://it.fdu.edu/fdu-secure-wi-fi-connection-for-non-fdu-owned-equipment/.
- To connect your mobile device to our Wi-Fi network, please visit https://it.fdu.edu/connecting-a-mobile-device-to-the-fdu-secure-wireless-network/.
- To request network access for a non-PC device, students need to complete the non-PC device registration form found at https://it.fdu.edu/category/forms/.
FDU provides limited support for personal devices; for more information or assistance, requests can be made through the FDU Technical Assistance Center (UTAC). For recommendations on technology, please visit https://it.fdu.edu/laptop-recommendations-for-current-and-prospective-students/
While FDU does not presently provide security software for personal devices, we highly encourage and recommend students:
- Keep their systems updated with the latest security updates for their OS
- Have antivirus software installed and kept up to date and regularly scan their systems
- Adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy
For recommendations on technology, please visit https://it.fdu.edu/laptop-recommendations-for-current-and-prospective-students/
Here are a few additional helpful tips for you:
- For you to log into FDU’s network, you must have a valid FDU NetID account. Once accepted to the University, your NetID is automatically generated. To learn more about how to claim your NetID, go to https://it.fdu.edu/claim-or-create-an-fdu-netid-account/
- Software Catalog – The University offers both licensed and open-source software to all University students. Please visit https://it.fdu.edu/software to learn more about all the software ordered through our catalog and the specific requirements needed on your personal computer in order to download and utilize the services.
- FDU Anywhere – FDU anywhere offers our students the experience of being in the computer lab while in the comfort of the residence hall rooms. FDU anywhere can be accessed through https://fdu.apporto.com/. Simply put in your Net ID and password to get to all the applications found in our computer labs.
For additional helpful tips or general information about IT resources, visit https://it.fdu.edu
The Twombly Lounge also hosts a 24-Hour Access Cardio Room. The Cardio Room includes Bikes, Ellipticals, Medicine Balls, a Stair Climber, Treadmillls, and Televisions.
The Twombly Game Room is a gaming space where students can come to relax and play various board games, video games, and active games. Some of the amenities include shuffle board, billiards, and air hockey. There is a wide selection of board and card games such as Uno, chess, Battleship, and many more. We also have video games like FIFA17, Madden 17, and NBA 2K17. Students that want to use the video game library must bring their own gaming systems and controllers. (Fairleigh Dickinson University and its employees are not responsible for any personal item brought into the Twombly Game Room!)
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 5PM to 12AM
Saturday – Sunday: 12PM to 12AM
How to Utilize the Game Room:
In order to use any of the games or amenities in the game room students must sign out the item with one of the Game Room Assistants by giving in their Student ID during their use of the item. The ID will be returned when the item is returned. During private events, one representative of the organization or department must give the Game Room Assistant their Student or Employee ID but will not need to sign out each item in use.
How to Reserve The Game Room:
Student Organizations and Administrative Offices may reserve the Twombly Game Room for private events by emailing their request to Campus Life Coordinator of Housing Operations, Ashley Astwood, at email@example.com. The request must be sent at least two weeks in advance of the date of the event. The request must include the following: Name of student organization or administrative office, date, and start and end time. Any requests for extra tables and seating must be sent to the facilities office. All organizations or departments are responsible for cleaning up after their event. Failure to do so will result in revocation of reservation privileges.