MAS Admission (Vancouver)
- Graduated from an accredited 4-year bachelor’s degree program or equivalent.
- Maintained a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (“B-“) in their undergraduate studies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the communication of the English Language (for international students whose first language is not English or who did not complete their degrees in the US or Canada).
Fall Term: April 1. Admission results released until June 15.
Spring Term: August 1. Admission results released until October 15.
Summer Term: December 1. Admission results released until February 15.
Copies of the documents must be submitted together with the online application.
- Attested or official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates, or degrees received from all post-secondary institutions, universities, and/or professional schools. If the documents are not in English, a certified translation is required.* Students from India: Please note that we do not accept consolidated mark sheets. Individual mark sheets showing all attempts, failures, and retakes are required. Please submit your Backlogs Summary together with your transcripts
- “Optional”– Two (2) recommendation letters. It is advised that at least one letter is academic.
- Answers to 3 essay questions outlining your personal interests and career goals. You will add these answers when filling out the online application form.
- Question 1 How do you think this Graduate Degree can help you achieve your career goals? (400 or more words)
- Question 2 Please describe your greatest achievement. (up to 200 words)
- Question 3 What motivates and inspires you? (up to 200 words)
- FDU uses the answers to these questions to evaluate if you are the right fit for the program. We also use it to evaluate your writing skills. Please write a genuine response to each of the questions.
- Proof of English Proficiency if your first language is not English or you did not complete your degree in the US or Canada.
- Copy of information page in your valid passport.
- Resume (recommended)
Admission into the MAS program is highly competitive and is based on the deadline model. All applicants who applied for the term are evaluated and ranked. Only selected students receive admission into the program. Each intake is unique and depends on the number of seats available in the term, as well as the number and quality of applicants.
Admissions team will not be able to provide application status updates before the admission decisions deadlines (see above) due to competitive nature of the selection process.
Applying for Transfer Credits
If you have completed a Master’s Degree at a recognized post-secondary institution within the last 5 years and you would like to apply for transfer credits, you will need to identify the courses that you want to request the transfer credits for from the course list of MAS degree. The course work you completed should meet the requirements for level, length and grade. To qualify for the transfer credits you should have completed coursework that is equivalent to 3 academic credits and you should have received a grade equivalent of a “B” or higher (3.0 on 4.0 points GPA scale). The course should be at least 80% similar to the equivalent course offered at FDU. FDU Course descriptions can be found on the MAS program page.
You can apply for transfer credits by uploading the Application for Transfer Credits Consideration to your Applicant’s portal with the list of courses you request transfer for together with the official university transcript and the course syllabus from your University to be reviewed by the Program Coordinators for the School of Administrative Science. The maximum allowed number of transfer credits is 9 (3 courses) but no more than 6 (2 courses) in the specialization area. The form and supporting documents must be submitted by one week before New Students Orientation for the upcoming term begins.