MSACS Admission (Vancouver)
- Graduation from an accredited 4-year bachelor’s degree program with an equivalent to minimum grade point average of 2.75 (B-) on a 4.0 scale.
- Students with lower GPAs can be considered for admission after a broad-based review of their overall academic profile and in combination with related work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the communication of the English language (for international students whose first language is not English).
Please note: As of September 20, 2023, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores have been officially removed from our admission requirements. Students applying to the Summer 2024 term are not required to provide the GRE as part of their application package to the MSACS program.
MSACS students who have an English proficiency test score equivalent to IELTS 6.5 across all bands are placed directly into the MSACS program without further testing. In the first term, they take a course load of nine academic credits: EPS 5299 and two MSACS courses.
MSACS program students who have a minimum English proficiency test score equivalent to IELTS 6.5 overall, no band below 6.0, will take the FDU English Placement Test (EPT) before registration.
- Students scoring 15.0 or higher on the EPT are placed into the MSACS program, and take EPS 5299 with two (6 credits) MSACS academic courses in their first term.
- Students who score between 11.0 and 14.0 on the EPT are placed in the Pre-Master’s Program for one term to improve their academic English proficiency. During this term, they take one (3-credit) MSACS academic course along with EPS 5099.
Students who receive a waiver or transfer credit for EPS 5299, can take three CSCI courses in their first term.
Students may transfer up to nine credits from other accredited institutions for courses completed within the last five years. The courses must have earned a grade of B or better and align with program requirements and FDU policies. To apply for transfer credit, students submit the Application for Transfer Credits Consideration to Admissions no later than three weeks before the program’s start date, as indicated in the Letter of Acceptance.
Application and all required supporting documents must be submitted by the application deadline for the term:
Fall (September) term – April 30
Spring (January) term – August 31
Summer (May) term – December 31
*Subject to change, please check here for the updates.
Copies of the documents must be submitted together with the online application.
- Attested or official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates, or degrees received from all post-secondary institutions, universities, and/or professional schools. If the documents are not in English, a certified translation is required.
- Students from India: Please note that we do not accept consolidated mark sheets. Individual mark sheets showing all attempts, failures, and retakes are required. Please submit your backlog summary together with your transcripts.
- Proof of English Proficiency if your first language is not English or you did not complete your degree in the US, Canada, or any country listed on FDU’s exemption list. For more details please refer to the English Proficiency page.
- Copy of the information page in your valid passport.
- Resume (recommended).
- Optional- Three (3) recommendation letters.
- Optional– Official GRE test score results (FDU-Vancouver code 2818)
Admission to the MSACS program is competitive and is based on the “rolling” admission model.
Applicants will be advised if they require any prerequisite courses prior to matriculation into the program at the time of admission.
An interview with the Program Advisor may be required before the decision on admission can be made. Applicants will be notified if an interview is necessary.