Associate Professor of Criminology, Department Chair
- Combined Correctional Course
- Comparative Criminal Justice Systems: U.S. and U.K.
- Criminology Honors Thesis
- Internship in Criminology
- Introduction to Crime and Criminology
- Miscarriages of Justice
- Offender Reentry and Reintegration
- Preparing for Professional Life
- Race and Crime
- Research Methods in Criminology
- Wrongful Convictions
- Negative implications of incarceration and issues surrounding reentry, with an emphasis on policy and procedural reform
- The causes and remedies of wrongful conviction
- Post-secondary education in prison and upon reentry
- BS, Criminal Justice, Rutgers University
- MA, Forensic Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- PhD, Criminal Justice, The Graduate Center at City University of New York
Professor Shlosberg’s research has been published in several academic journals, including the Albany Law Review, Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Justice Systems Journal, and Deviant Behavior. She is also the co-host of two podcasts; Direct Appeal podcast, which examines the murder and dismemberment of Bill McGuire and analyzes the trial, and subsequent conviction, of his wife Melanie; and Women and Crime, a podcast that covers cases in which women have been the offender, the victim or wrongfully convicted and exonerated while using a criminologist lens to look at how women are treated in the criminal justice system and examine the causes of female crime, and victimization.
Important Note: Faculty profiles may include links to one or more non-FDU websites, including websites self-maintained by faculty to provide additional information about their publications, scholarly pursuits, and other information of interest. If you click on these links, you will be leaving the FDU-maintained website and will be directed to a site that is not under the control of FDU. FDU is not responsible for the content or accessibility of linked non-FDU websites. If, however, you experience a problem with the content or accessibility of a linked website, please contact us using the information on our Accessibility page.